Business Program Manager - Sales Order and Billing Processes
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Posted on: March 29, 2020
The Modernization Operations & Data (MOD) Capability Team is
part of the Services Business Operations (SBO) within the Business
Excellence & Operations (BEO) Organization. A branch of Microsoft
Services focused on delivering end to end customer experiences
through mature capabilities.The MOD team in Microsoft Services is
looking for a highly skilled Program Manager to drive capabilities
and next-generation experiences for our sales and delivery field
users. This role will focus specifically on the Sales Order and
Billing Processes.You will be a key lead representing capability
and experience needs for thousands of Services Sellers, Pursuit
Leads, Delivery Managers, and supporting personas. Your job: create
the best experiences for those who in turn provide Microsofts
Customers their best experience.What is a Capability Manager ?
- One who can orchestrate a capability or set of capabilities
across business stakeholders, represent the overall business and
experience needs to engineering teams, then validate that those
needs are met once delivered
- One who utilizes empathy and influence to negotiate and build
consensus across diverse, global stakeholders
- One who employs a human-centered design mindset allowing for a
holistic view of the customer and field experience.
- One who optimizes for rapid throughput, listening and
adaptation in response to rapidly changing business needs.About our
TeamOur team delivers end-to-end field capabilities and experiences
- The current Delivery and Order to Cash Microsoft Consulting
(MCS) and Premier Services business in Microsoft Services
- The active management and enhancement of the delivery and order
to cash capabilities
- Integration of a streamlined set of capabilities to enable a
single branded connected experienceHow do we work?
- We value fast-failure and adaptation.
- We see ambiguity and uncertainty as opportunities to drive
- We believe in autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Our teams are self-managing. We work in cross-discipline and
global teams - always.
- We measure ourselves on delivery of value, period.
- We keep the shark moving forward -
- Stakeholder management including orchestration across business
and process stakeholders to document capabilities and scenarios for
delivery across multiple engineering partner teams
- Communication management including creation of listening
channels and communication across and outside the primary
organization all the way to field users
- Demand management including requirements gathering,
prioritization and trade-off alignment across teams
- Roadmap management including backlog management of scenarios
and feature reviews to deliver on customer needs through release
- Business value management through documented success criteria,
metrics and KPIs
- Actively participate and manage user acceptance testing
- Program manage across multiple work-streams and make complex
tradeoffs to deliver the best possible outcomes for our field
users, end customers and Microsoft
- Minimum of 5-8 years working as a capability manager, product
manager, business-systems analyst, or other related business
discipline defining, driving, testing and releasing software
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex business
environment with multiple integrated business systems
- Demonstrated experience in business process mapping and process
re-engineering (Simple to complex process flow charts and diagrams
depicting As-IS and To-Be business processes)
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to assess critical
risks and trade-offs.
- Demonstrated flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather
than relying on others where necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly manage across disciplines;
engineering, process, BI, data mastering and others.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experiencePREFERRED
- Microsoft Services experience . Strong preference given to any
candidate with experience or knowledge in Microsoft Sales Order and
- Creative and innovative thinking. We want someone compelled to
think around corners and challenge the status quo.
- Familiarity with SAPMicrosoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care
leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need
assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability
during the application or the recruiting process, please send a
request via the Accommodation request form at
.Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of
your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Keywords: Microsoft Corporation, Reston , Business Program Manager - Sales Order and Billing Processes, Accounting, Auditing , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!