Compensation & Compliance Manager - NS&E
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Compensation & Compliance Manager - NS&E (229625)
Requisition ID: 229625
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Location: Reston, VA
- Other Requirements: Must possess the right to work in the
United States without work visa sponsorship
Bechtel is one of the most respected engineering, project
management and construction companies in the world. In our Nuclear,
Security and Environmental business, the demand for our expertise
is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from
research and development through engineering, procurement,
construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning.
Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make
the world cleaner and safer.
We are looking for a Compensation and Compliance Manager to join
our NS&E team at the Reston, VA location. This is an excellent
opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and enjoys challenges
in a growing business environment.
The Compensation and Compliance Manager will be responsible for the
overall compensation program and planning and for compliance of HR
program implementation for the Nuclear, Security, and Environmental
(NS&E) Global Business Unit (GBU); the government and nuclear
power business unit for of the company. Working within Bechtel's
Human Resources structure, the NS&E GBU compensation and
compliance manager will be responsible for ensuring a compensation
program, system and process that is considered adequate and
reliable in accordance with a variety of governmental requirements.
Working with NS&E Government Services and Bechtel Human
Resources, ensure compliance of HR program design and
implementation with government contracting requirements.
The Compensation and Compliance Manager will be responsible for a
variety of compensation planning and compliance related activities
including the following:
- Develop and administer annual compensation planning processes
to include Calibration/Contribution Rating processes, Incentive
Plan administration, and Salary Plan programs including the
development and approval of program guidelines, award models,
budgets, communication and implementation plans.
- Perform statistical analysis and reports to support
- Ensure compensation programs comply with applicable state and
federal laws/regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR), Service Contract Act (SCA), etc. Work with payroll and
system team to ensure compliance with SCA regulations.
- Perform periodic assessment of compensation administration
processes and actions to ensure compliance with
- Participate on cross-organizational compensation teams to
design and implement changes to compensation programs.
- Participate in market salary surveys and conduct annual market
analysis for NS&E specific deliverables.
- Prepare and review job descriptions and conduct job
- Provide compensation planning training at various points during
the compensation planning process. Communicate effectively at all
levels in the organization - projects/functions/senior
management/president/other Corporate/Business Unit
- Administer SAP Success Factors & other HR systems associated
- Participate on proposal teams and provide guidance regarding
labor rates, benefit rates and develop total compensation plans as
- Respond to government compensation audits including DCAA, DOL,
- Serve as primary interface on compensation with external
- Prepare annual incurred cost submission for
- Develop, review, and approve business unit procedures to ensure
proper implementation of HR requirements as a government
- Respond to NS&E internal audit inquiries, coordinate HR
support for audits, provide input on issues and opportunities,
analyze results and develop corrective actions.
- Conduct or provide guidance on Project and Office assessments
of compliance with NS&E HR requirements.
- Oversight of requests for exceptions to current HR policy to
ensure proper determination of allowability and documentation of
justification and rationale.
- Report on audit and assessment HR findings and trends and
- Supervise compensation and compliance staff.
- Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or
equivalent and a minimum of 15 years' progressive professional
human resources experience including compensation planning and HR
program compliance in a US government environment.
- Must have the right to work in the US without work permit
- Certified through WorldatWork as a Certified Compensation
Professional (CCP) or ability to obtain certification within
6-months of hire.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Working knowledge of human resource information systems related to
compensation. Understanding of compensation practices and laws
effecting compensation, including Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR), Service Contract Act (SCA), Equal Pay Act, etc.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to
multi-task and prioritize work assignments. Must have the ability
to adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities and
deadlines and provide timely responses to our customers. Required
to show initiative, be self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible
and organized to work in a fast-paced team based environment.
Contributing team member who is willing to step in to support
critical department deadlines as required. Must be able to work
flexible and/or additional working hours during Key Compensation
program initiative time periods.
- Compensation and HR program compliance experience in DOE/DOD
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering,
construction, and project management companies. Together with our
customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term
progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than
25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven
continents. We operate through four global businesses:
Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas &
Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are
built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless
adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality,
ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we
expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: BECHTEL, Reston , Compensation & Compliance Manager - NS&E, Accounting, Auditing , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!