7044 - Financial Analyst
Company: Indrasoft, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
IndraSoft Inc, is seeking a strong Finance Analyst, to enhance the
financial preparation, analysis and controls of a growing company.
Ideal candidate will have advanced excel skills, a self - starter
and willing to roll up their sleeves to deliver results to the
organization. In addition to a strong financial acumen candidate
should also have a background in government contracts and cost
To maximize success in this role, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform the below requirements with the necessary
knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or
equivalency in years of experience
- 3-6 years finance, program control or accounting experience with
a government contractor.
- Strong experience in income statement and Project and Loss
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial and accounting acumen.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively
anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have
positive work attitude.
- Ability to work independently in analyzing and resolving
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated team member to learn new concepts and participate
in new projects
- Experience with PROCAS, or Deltek, or JAMIS, or Unanet or similar
type accounting systems preferred.
- Experience with IBM, Cognos reporting preferred
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to CFO and Operations group, through information
analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and
prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational
- Responsible for month end closing activities in Deltek Costpoint
to include revenue Recognition and financial statement preparation
- Provide financial statement reporting and analysis as well as
management reporting to operational and senior leadership team.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational
expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and
business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Maintain the 3- year rolling forecast, providing model
efficiencies over time
- Maintain EAC's and variance analysis on programs
- Prepare and ongoing analysis of revenue ASC 606 requirements and
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and
document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management
to determine progress against budgets.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational
improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for
operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.).
- Life-cycle financial management of all government contracts.
While performing duties of the job, the successful candidate will
be exposed to normal demands of an office environment,
- Sitting and working at computer for long continuous periods each
- Effective communications by telephone, email and
- Standing, walking, sitting, handling and feeling objects or
talking and hearing,
- Lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Performance of position will be in the Reston, VA corporate
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Indrasoft, Inc., Reston , 7044 - Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!