Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Banking)
Company: ConsultNet, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionTITLE: Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
(Banking)LOCATION: Reston VADURATION: Direct Hire Job Description:
The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager has the
responsibility for ensuring the requirements used to build and
maintain mission critical applications and associated
infrastructure, as well as the project management applied to the
delivery of such applications and associated infrastructure meet
the needs of the Office of Finance and contribute to its
effectiveness. The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager will
also support process improvements and core functions of the PMO.
The incumbent is expected to have a thorough understanding of
business analysis techniques, project management techniques, and
possess hands-on experience working in in a regulated environment,
performing business analysis and project management functions in
the IT and financial services industry. The Business Analyst will
collaborate heavily with all areas of IT (Applications Development,
Operations, Networking and Security, Enterprise Architecture) and
Business Units (such as Capital Markets, Debt Services, Financial
Reporting, Risk Management, and Human Resources).
- Lead other Business Analyst & Project Managers, PMO contractors
as directed (e.g., conduct application overviews, conduct process
overviews, provide peer reviews of project management and business
analysis deliverables, support creation of onboarding
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of mission
- Propose and design business processes for mission critical
applications on behalf of business areas, factoring in current and
future business needs, as well as capabilities offered by existing
applications across various product lines.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates to support annual
planning and ongoing portfolio runway planning.
- Gather and document solution requirements that are unambiguous,
testable, and traceable.
- Create and maintain business analysis deliverables such as
process maps, user story maps, requirements documents, use cases,
GUI prototypes, wire frames, UI specifications.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business units,
technical team, and external partners from project initiation to
- Facilitate project initiation, requirements gathering,
planning, execution, requirements support, and closure activities
managing dependencies across project tasks and a broad range of
- Create and maintain project management deliverables including
project charter, project schedule, contracts, vendor artifacts,
status reports, issues, risks, communication plan, project
portfolio data, project KPIs, and cost reports.
- Maintain alignment of all assigned tasks and documentation with
applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory expectations.
- Assist with PMO audits and IT portfolio reporting.
- Support the diversity and inclusion strategy by following
policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and
diverse business partners. Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related
- 6 years of combined business analysis and project management
- 2 years of experience as a financial analyst, software
development architect, technical lead, software developer, or QA
- PMP, CSM, or any other BA certification required.
- Demonstrated skills in waterfall and agile project delivery
- Experience gathering and writing requirements for
mission-critical applications, preferably for debt settlement and
servicing, fixed income capital markets, mortgage loan accounting,
financial analysis, and risk modeling applications.
- Experience managing projects involving software development,
infrastructure upgrades, COTS and SaaS implementations with
in-house staff and external vendors
- Experience managing many concurrent projects in a
- Ability to articulate requirements, issues, risks verbally and
- Proficiency in creation of business analysis and project
- Ability to utilize institutional knowledge and quickly become
self-sufficient as an expert user for critical business
applications that support debt issuance and servicing.
- Proficiency in MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment using portfolio
management / requirements management / application lifecycle
management processes and tools.
- Knowledge of fixed income finance and accounting
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, to
initiate and complete work assignments effectively with minimal
supervision. Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading
national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers
exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000
companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with
clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants,
successfully building teams that have surefire results.In the past
two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in
contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We
understand communication is key to finding the right job that
matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the
work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings
extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the
country, see more at - - provided by Dice
Keywords: ConsultNet, LLC, Reston , Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Banking), Accounting, Auditing , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!