Senior Network Security Operations
Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: April 12, 2019
The Network Security Senior Engineer is an advanced level position
within the Freddie Mac Network Security Operations team. This
position is responsible for the day to day operations supporting a
multi-region LAN as well as the datacenters, private clouds and
public clouds that support the business units of Freddie Mac.
Your work will fall into three primary categories:
Support and Operations
- Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements
Analysis, support complete network and security solutions based on
- Support Network, Security and Voice standards, reference
architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network, Security and
Voice infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform
product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation
plan, deployment and troubleshooting support.
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to
understand goals, determine security requirements, design and
implement solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic
initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Understand and advocate IT Security standards, reference
- Support the security risk assessment of applications and
infrastructure; including remediation of incident response,
vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
- Coordinate with Information Security team to ensure solution
assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards
and baseline security configurations.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat
landscape and predict impact of changing technologies.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and
evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Some nurturing of junior engineers will be required
- Support the retention and growth of existing talent
- Strong communication to keep leadership informed and aware
- Be a role model and technical mentor to the junior and midlevel
engineers, work alongside of highly collaborative, open minded,
technology savvy and dedicated team members.
- Problem solving with repeatable processes
- Develop SOPs and Runbooks to promote successful operations
- Ensure processes reflect our technical obligations of system
uptime and performance
- Presentation of metrics and other attributes to convey
- Typically has more than 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in WAF Imperva, AWS WAF, Akamai WAF
- Possess strong knowledge of Firewall AWS SG, Palo Alto Networks
NGFW, Cisco ASA, Nokia Checkpoints, Tufin
- Experience with NIDS/NIPS Sourcefire, RSA Netwitness, etc.
- Experience with DLP Zscaler, Symantec
- Advanced understanding of network technologies
- Advanced understanding of segmentation of private and public
- Advanced understanding of DPI and other network security
Key to success in this role:
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk based approach to
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with
technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process
improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy,
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own
and my teams actions
- Drive for Execution: Focus on real results rather than the
appearance of results
- CCNA Security, CCNA Routing and Switching or other network
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or other certifications
- Experience with AWS, Azure and GCP network security
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Istio or other service mesh
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home
borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and youll do important work for the housing finance system and make
a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Reston , Senior Network Security Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!