Public Relations Specialist
Company: American College of Radiology
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Be a key player in health care public relations and social media. Join our results-driven, energetic team as a PR Specialist at the forefront of medical innovation and be responsible for the development of daily PR activities, social media and member news.
- Develop, write, edit and distribute news releases and integrated outreach materials regarding key ACR issues, timely events and strategic initiatives
- Develop expertise in Sitecore content management system to facilitate timely posting of news items and regularly assess ACR websites for outdated news content to be updated
- Create and/or update multiple project and media analytics reports
- Monitor news media, social media, and scientific journals daily for issues and events that require ACR or radiology expert response
- Develop engaging social media content for multiple ACR social media platforms
- Collaborate with marketing, web and design teams to create videos, graphics, advertising banners and other materials for various organic and paid social media, ensuring that all remain on schedule, on budget and meet all technical requirements
- Maintain ACR social media editorial calendar that outlines key opportunities to engage various audiences
- Stay current on social media trends and proactively suggest appropriate new strategies
- Update key social media performance metrics and prepare analytics reports
E-Newsletter Production and Coordination:
- Review, approve and draft summaries of news articles for the Daily News Brief
- Collaborate with marketing team, as needed, to integrate content across multiple e-newsletters
- Provide social media contractor with relevant news items to post to ACR social media on a daily basis, in coordination with the Sr. Manager, PR and Social Media
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Expertise in AP style, journalistic writing, and various social media best practices and platforms - including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Experience with Sprout Social or other social media scheduling system is desirable.
- Ability to distill complex topics into readily accessible communications for media
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change and ambiguity
- Ability to work as a part of a team and individually
About the ACR:Founded in 1923, the American College of Radiology® is at the forefront of radiology evolution, representing nearly 40,000 radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians and medical physicists. We are seeking energetic and innovative individuals to further reinforce our core purpose of serving patients and society by empowering members to advance the practice, science and professions of radiological care. If you share our core values of: Leadership • Integrity • Quality • Innovation, we want you on our team!
BENEFITS ACR offers a rewarding employee experience: innovative culture, flex hours and telework options, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a defined contribution pension plan, 403(b); generous paid time off package; insurance plans with the leading providers; flexible spending; tuition reimbursement; training opportunities; and wellness reimbursement.
Keywords: American College of Radiology, Reston , Public Relations Specialist, Advertising , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!