Posted on: January 16, 2020
Company DescriptionCapTech is a team of master builders, creators,
and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful
businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform
how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance
what's possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration
in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our
clients' myriad of challenges. Across industries and business
goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative
savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization
use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action.
Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected - which is
one of the reasons we've been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a
decade.Job DescriptionJava Engineers at CapTech are part of an
intelligent, highly motivated community who strive to continuously
learn the latest tools and architectures to deliver innovative
solutions for our clients. They are involved in the design,
development and delivery of vital internal and customer facing
systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients.
CapTech engineers enjoy a collaborative environment and have many
opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other CapTech
engineers, architects, and our clients. CapTech Java Engineers
deliver solutions for customers that include API-driven clients,
microservice architectures, event-driven integrations, cloud
deployments, serverless applications, and web and portal front
Specific responsibilities for the Java Engineer position
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and
collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical
solution that meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions
to appropriate audiences.
- Leverage CapTech's internal programs and self-directed training
to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior
QualificationsSpecific qualifications for the Java Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Java Engineer through
past career experiences.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues
that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high quality documentation to present
technical ideas and high-level solutions, and communicate
effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows including
modern source control systems, dependency management, test
automation, and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience with modern features of the Java language.
- Experience with popular open source Java libraries and
- Familiarity with the creation and validation of web services
using SOAP and REST.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies
including Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, and
- Experience with containerization technologies including Docker
and Kubernetes highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of other JVM-based languages (Kotlin, Scala)
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, design patterns,
and monitoring tools preferred.
- Experience with traditional Java EE application server
platforms such as WebSphere, WebLogic, and Wildfly
- Experience with standalone application platforms such as Spring
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Experience with data engineering platforms such as Apache Spark
- Familiarity with modern data patterns such as Event Sourcing
and CQRS preferred.
front-end frameworks (Angular, React) preferred.
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Windows, and scripting
- Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
a big plus.
Additional InformationWe offer challenging and impactful jobs with
professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on
technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find
their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with
opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits
package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
culture of equality, inclusion and fairness - each foundational to
our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where
each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas,
backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer
directly (we are not open to contract or "corp to corp"
agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a
work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work
directly for any employer in the United States without visa
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech's client
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside
vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this
position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Keywords: CapTech, Reston , Java Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!