Structural Engineer I
Company: Cardno, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services
company with expertise in the development and improvement of
physical and social infrastructure for communities around the
world. Cardno s structural engineering group provides comprehensive
structural engineering services for a broad range of commercial,
public and institutional building projects.
This position will be in our Reston, VA office, which is located
just 18 miles from Washington, DC one of the most robust markets in
the nation. Reston offers a suburban lifestyle with all the
advantages of being located near Washington, DC.
A seasoned team of engineering professionals manages the Reston,
Virginia office and is currently seeking a Structural Engineer to
join our team. Commensurate with experience, you will be given
analysis, design and detailing tasks that will challenge your
technical skills and stretch you as an engineer. We will provide
training to round out your technical skills and help you stay
current with building codes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Design and detailing of individual structural members on
* Structural analysis using structural software.
* Design of structural systems for all types of buildings and
* Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions
* Communicating with clients to understand and coordinate project
* Navigating through codes and guidelines.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural
Engineering, and a master s degree in Civil Engineering or
Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on structural
* 0-3 years of experience in structural design required, 4+ years
* Good knowledge of concrete and steel design.
* Good technical writing skills.
* Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an
* Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to
* Professional demeanor.
* Internship experience with a design firm.
* FE/EIT certification.
* Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D
* Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT FOR US BASED APPLICANTS
CARDNO HAS A LONG STANDING POLICY OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN
EMPLOYMENT. OUR PRACTICE IS TO FILL POSITIONS BY SELECTING
APPLICANTS WHO CAN PERFORM THE WORK IN A COMPETENT AND PROFESSIONAL
MANNER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, SEX, RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER
IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR VETERAN STATUS. AT ANY TIME, IF YOU NEED AN
ACCOMMODATION DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN
CARDNO DOES NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED RESUMES FROM ANY 3RD PARTY
AGENCIES. NO FEE WILL BE PAID TO 3RD PARTIES WHO SUBMIT UNSOLICITED
RESUMES TO ANY CARDNO EMPLOYEE. RESUMES FROM APPROVED VENDORS MUST
BE SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED BY CARDNO AND APPROVED BY THE CARDNO
TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM.
Keywords: Cardno, Inc., Reston , Structural Engineer I, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!