Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2020
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to lead (and build)
an infrastructure group in the software development team. We are
looking for someone with both considerable systems architecture and
engineering and software development experience to lead the design
and implementation of orchestration frameworks, build systems,
geo-redundant datastores, and logging/monitoring/metrics solutions.
This individual will work be integrated with the software
engineering team but will work closely with local and remote
operations teams to design and implement these solutions. What
you'll do--- You will be responsible for designing, implementing,
and maintaining a wide range of systems including a container
orchestration platform, high availability/replication database
architectures, application logging, health monitoring and alerting
frameworks, metrics dashboards, and configuration management.
Additionally you will help design and support CI pipelines, writing
Ansible scripts to provision nodes, and generally supporting
deployment of cloud-native technologies. The work will be primarily
integrating open-source technologies and building any necessary
software components to facilitate integration. Depending on the
candidate, the role could include more in-depth network engineering
or more in-depth Python or Go software engineering. You'd be a
great fit if you---
- Have 10+ years of relevant systems-/software-engineering
- Have significant experience (8+ years) in the following areas:
- Linux system usage and administration, to include tracing
problems in network stack or system utilization, package
- Docker container build and deployment.
- Version control systems (git).
- Log collection, forwarding, storage, reporting (e.g. ELK stack,
- Metrics collection, storage, reporting (e.g. Prometheus, TICK
- System performance analysis and tuning.
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet).
- Have experience (3+ years) with the following technologies / in
these technical areas:
- Docker container orchestration platform (Kubernetes, Mesos,
- Python software development.
- Use of message-bus architectures and message queue
- Have ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Are organized and won't stop until the job is "solved
- Attitude and aptitude are key. These traits trump all
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
US government security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance,
you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship. It
would be even better if you had experience with---
- PostgreSQL usage or administration experience
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch) experience
- Listed examples of open-source work (e.g. github accounts,
- Interest and/or experience in data visualization
- Experience in mobile telecom space We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other
group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Reston , Senior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!