Senior Data Engineer
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to
developing data infrastructure and pipelines to capture, integrate,
organize, and centralize data while testing and ensuring the data
is readily accessible and in a usable state, including quality
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Senior Data Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to
make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so
that you can deliver on the following responsibilities
- Identify customer needs and intended use of requested data in
the development of database requirements and support the planning
and engineering of enterprise databases.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database technologies,
complex coding languages, and computer system skills.
- Support the integration of data into readily available formats
while maintaining existing structures and govern their use
according to business requirements.
- Analyze new data sources and monitor the performance,
scalability, and security of data.
- Create an initial analysis and deliver the user interface (UI)
to the customer to enable further analysis.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4+ Years Experience.
- Technical Expertise in Python, Java, and AWS Technologies
- Experience with AWS Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- Experience with Amazon Redshift
- Experience working with an Enterprise Application
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience working in Finance, Mortgage, or Banking
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Skills related to Product Testing including testing and
evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant
product testing technology
- Skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and
using relevant programming languages
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends
or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of
relevant software such as MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- Skilled in discovering patterns in large data sets with the use
of relevant software such as Oracle Data Mining or Informatica
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural
principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as
xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in AWS Compute such as EC2, Lambda, Beanstalk, or
- Skilled in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such
as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, or Systems Manager
- Skilled in AWS Database products such as Neptune, RDS,
Redshift, or Aurora
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in AWS Analytics such as Athena, EMR, or Glue
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming
- Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development,
and networking platforms
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!