Company: 1872 Consulting
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. The
candidate will work with a tight, highly skilled engineering team
in planning, design and operation of new and existing platforms in
concert with development and technology goals and requirements.
- Contribute to our overall architecture and infrastructure,
especially as it relates to availability, scalability, security,
- Help improve, implement, and maintain our CI/CD setup
- Participate in building and enforcing best practice disciplines
- Provide support and problem resolution impacting our SDLC
- Build and maintain infrastructure in AWS utilizing
- Develop scripts and monitoring tools around containing and
reducing costs within AWS
- Liaise with members of the Engineering team to build awareness
on best practices and effective usage of our development tools
- Foster the DevOps disciplines -- reduce friction and time to
deliver new code to production Qualifications & Experience
- Scripting/Coding experience - Python and Bash, or equivalent
(Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Infrastructure-as-code experience - Terraform,
- Hands-on experience with AWS - ECS/Fargate, IAM, EC2, RDS, S3,
VPC, Auto-Scaling, CloudWatch, SSM, Lambda, Route53, etc.
- Experience supporting and administering Linux systems
- Experience around managing containers and Docker
- Experience with source control, CI and build tools - Git
(Github/Gitlab), TeamCity/Jenkins, CodeDeploy/CodePipeline,
- Experience working/collaborating with software engineering in
an Agile environment Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience managing Java Spring Boot microservices
- Experience administering and managing monitoring tools -
Splunk, Grafana, Nagios, etc.
- Experience administering and managing streaming data services -
- Experience with configuration management tools - Chef, Puppet,
- Experience with data engineering tools - EMR, DataPipeline,
- Experience building Step Functions
- Experience with Github Actions
- AWS Associate SysOps Administration or Developer Certification
The Successful Candidate will be...
- An engineer who loves to solve problems.
- Excited about new technologies - you seek them out, you yearn
to know more.
- Passionate about quality - measure twice cut once
- Understand that there are always improvements to be made
- Asking questions
- Taking initiative, unprompted, to become the subject matter
expert in various technologies.
- Not shy towards processes or technologies you aren't
- Wearing multiple hats and have a can-do attitude towards
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet
deadlines, and effectively manage priorities and communicate
Keywords: 1872 Consulting, Reston , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!