Civil Engineer - Remote/Travel
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company aimed at embracing and solving
some of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and
technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities
for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering
professionals.The Leidos Civil group is seeking a Senior Civil
Engineer (Resident Engineer) to join the National Airspace System
Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support
to the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Unstaffed
Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) programs (AJW-242). This position
is 100% remote with extensive travel throughout the service
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing
products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake
holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to
site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the
closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors
and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering
- Civil Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited
College/University and 12 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters degree with 10 years of experience. Relevant experience
should include designing shelter replacements, road improvements,
roofing replacements, facility structural improvements, and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point,
and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to
use the Internet as an information gathering and communications
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Effective written and verbal communication skillsPreferred
- Ideal candidate will have some accounting/finance
experience.Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and
Facebook.We value and support the well-being and mobility of our
employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External
Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place.
In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most
Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute for the third
consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Civil Engineer - Remote/Travel, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!