Sr. Azure Data Security Engineer
Company: Roth Staffing
Posted on: June 22, 2022
ONSITEJob Title: Security EngineerLocation: US-VA-Reston
Overview:As Sr. Azure Data Security Engineer, you will use
cutting-edge cloud and data technologies to streamline services to
our clients. Ensure that large-scale Azure environments are secure
and any risks are quickly identified and reported. Be able to
propose and implement Azure security controls that protect
identity, access, data, applications, and networks in cloud and
hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
- Employ excellent client-facing and consulting skills to create
innovative business solutions based on your network and systems
- Be able to articulate the requirements, solutions into Business
Strategy and Technical documents as needed.
- Interact with Data Privacy and Compliance departments as it
relates to data security requirements for client data.
- Demonstrate experience/knowledge of data governance and data
protection policies and tools.
- Propose solutions based on the data, application, and system
architecture as deployed by the client.
- Guiding and leading the design and implementation of secure
operational solutions and services across the client's business and
IT support areas with emphasis on production readiness and
transition to an Operations team
- Lead the design and implementation of security capabilities and
tooling (Azure native first) required for ongoing operations in the
- Security Controls
- Support security audits, accreditation, and certification
processes, and obtaining authority to operate (ATO) for cloud-based
- Set security quality standards for tools, techniques, and
methodologies, advising on their application, and ensuring
- Provide advisement to team members and customers on best
practices for the implementation of Cloud security components,
tools, dashboards, and automation
- 5+ years as a data security engineer and/or data security
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Advanced Information
Protection, Microsoft Data Loss Prevention, Purview, and Microsoft
Data Security technologies.
- Experience implementing data protection and data governance
policies and procedures.
- Awareness of tools/services like Collibra, Purview, BigID
- Strong experience with complex enterprise systems and security
controls with persistence stores like SQL, Snowflake, Delta Lake,
Azure Data Lake Storage etc.
- Be able to propose integrations / policies for data persistence
stores with security tools like Azure Monitor, Azure Sentinel,
Collibra, BigID etc.
- Must be well versed in general infrastructure technology and
understand public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a
Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service
(DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge in areas like: Data
compliance, Data protection, Data Quality, Encryption, SIEM, Data
protection, Data governance
- Familiarity and experience with documentation of business
strategy or proposal documents including areas like: SLA, Plan of
Actions and Milestones (POA&M) tracking, Risk Assessments,
Mitre Framework, Cyber Security controls
Keywords: Roth Staffing, Reston , Sr. Azure Data Security Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!