Company: Seneca Resources
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Position Title: Senior Splunk EngineerLocation: Reston,
VAPosition Status: Direct HireClearance: Top Secret SCIPay:
$200,000- $230,000+ (Depending on Experience)Job Description:The
Senior Cybersecurity Delivery Engineers at our client team with
others on highly visible, technically challenging projects and
offerings. This engineer will be responsible for configuring,
maintaining, and troubleshooting architectures within customer
specific environments leveraging capabilities from Splunk and
McAfee. The position is Federally focused, and the engineer will
need to operate within a Department of Defense/Classified
- Provides Professional Services related to configuration,
implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting the customer's
- Splunk - Maintain customer's production environment related to
End Point Security, SIEM, and SOAR (Security Orchestration
Automation & Response) capabilities.
- McAfee - Maintain customer's production environment utilizing
toolsets within HBSS (Host Based Security Suite) and DLP (Data Loss
Prevention) across Windows and Linux platforms.
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk,
including creation of complex threat detection logic and
- Manage the deployment of the McAfee ePO server(s), as well as
experience maintaining the OS and SQL instances.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of
customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of
projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined
in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's
satisfaction and approval.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the
life of the project or service life.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually
improve/upgrade SEIM environments.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDWG's project
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project
Managers, and customers to manage expectations and timelines to
ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the
life of the project or service life.
- The information in this position description is intended to
convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements
of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated
with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.Job
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of military service
- 7 years of delivering complex technical solutions including
planning, development, implementation, and support including
Failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application
- 7 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- 5 years of current experience in technical consulting or big
- 5 years of Cyber Security experience (security analytics, SOC
- 5 years Splunk engineering experience
- 5 years McAfee engineering experience
- Splunk Certified Admin, Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk
- Certified McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and McAfee ePolicy
- Certified McAfee Data Loss Prevention Administrator
- Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Splunk App/TA configuration
- Proficiency with Splunk SOAR (formerly Phantom)
- Management/deployment experience with large scale/distributed
- Experience using McAfee Agents, VirusScan Enterprise, Host
Intrusion Prevention, Disk Encryption, File and Removable Media
Protection, and reading reports in ePO.
- Deep understanding of McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Host
Intrusion Prevention (HIPs), and VirusScan Enterprise (VSE).
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation
- Familiarity with key security events on common IT
- Deep proficiency in client and server operating systems
including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls,
routing, NAT, etc.)
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, Perl, Python or Java)
with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency
(DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a
Department of Defense environment.
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance
Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Common Information Model (CIM) validation
- Universal/Heavy Forwarder configuration experience (Including
encryption and compression setting)
- Deep experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Familiarity with Cloud Service Providers such as (AWS &
Azure)About Seneca Resources:Seneca Resources is a client driven
provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services
and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca
Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in
Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Texas that service clients
throughout the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Keywords: Seneca Resources, Reston , Splunk Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!