Sr. Security/ Splunk Engineer
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Description Job Description:Looking for an exciting opportunity
to make an impact as a Sr. Security Engineer?1901 Group (A Leidos
Company) has an exciting Senior Security Engineer position which
can be worked from our state-of-the-art Operations Center in
Blacksburg, VA or remote. The Sr. Security Engineer will work with
an elite team of security professionals to manage a DOD customer's
security systems and tools to maintain a secure environment for
critical systems with attention on continuous improvement of their
POSITION SUMMARY:1901 Group (A Leidos Company) is seeking a Sr.
Security Engineer who will focus on Operations and Maintenance
(O&M) and improvement of security systems and solutions for a
customer's critical systems and networks that supports threat
detection, mitigation and remediation and maximizes their security
posture to minimize risk / prevent cyber-attacks.
- Responsible for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the DOD
customers security infrastructure that includes but is not limited
to managing solutions such as host/network access controls, data
protection, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and security scanners.
- Provide security engineering support to develop and maintain a
flexible security architecture; provide protection from
unauthorized use of, or access to, the customer-managed network and
networked assets; and protect all data residing on the network from
intrusion, destruction, or compromise.
- Provide technical recommendations and oversight for security
system upgrades, technical refreshes, and new builds per
requirements set by stakeholders
- Continuously assess the security architecture to identify areas
- Ensure security solutions supports requirements for security /
threat analysis capabilities and work with security analysts to
tune for improved detection and response capability.
- Lead security engineering tasks / project activities.
Recommend, design, develop, plan, deploy, integrate, and test
enterprise level security applications and tools.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders,
including vendors, customers, and partner organizations, throughout
the planning, designing, and deployment of enterprise-level network
- Provide executive level summary briefings, reports and
technical deep dives with management.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation and diagrams of the
architecture, configuration and processes associated with the
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience as a Security
Engineer, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu
of a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security,
CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Expert competency designing, implementing and managing security
tools and appliances (e.g. SIEM tool - Splunk).
- Experience providing O&M support for customer's overall
- Experience as a SME designing, implementing, and configuring
security systems and controls
- Experience working independently and collaboratively to
troubleshoot and correct operational security issues
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and
compliance, i.e. STIG & DSS compliance, documentation, etc.
- Experience working closely with customers and users to
troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Knowledge of implementing to DoD security mandates, policies,
standards, and procedures.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to document and brief
customers to include senior management
- Certifications: Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoD 8140.01
& DoD 8570.01-m) IAM
- US Citizen** Local candidates to Blacksburg, VA office will be
required to come into the office 2 days per week.CLEARANCE
- DoD Secret Clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret
clearance is acceptable)
- Additional Certifications Desired: GCIA, GSEC, GCED, GCWN,
GPPA, GMON, GCUX, GWEB, ECSA, CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP,
CSSLP, CheckPoint CCSE, CCMSE, CCSM, Palo Alto PCNSE, Cisco CCNA
Security, Splunk Admin Certification
- Proven Tools and Experience with security tools: Checkpoint
CPES, Tenable (SC5), Cisco ISE, FireEye, Splunk, Palo Alto
Firewalls, Palo Alto Prisma Access, Crowdstrike, Splunk Phantom,
Zero Trust Methodology, Microsoft G5 Security Suite (ex: Azure ATP,
Defender ATP, etc.)
- Expert on the NIST SP 800-37, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253, and related
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification
- Experience with AWS cloud technology environments**Candidates
within a commutable distance to Blacksburg, VA preferredWho Are
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our
competitors for the next wave of ITPay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 -
$120,000.00 - $162,000.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.#Remote
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Reston , Sr. Security/ Splunk Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!