Contract to hire for Sr. UI Engineer (Should have Devops and AWS)
Company: Kellton Tech
Posted on: October 11, 2018
- Incorporates Cloud technologies on new application development to include micro-services and AWS services such as lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, and DynamoDB.
- Works in DevOps agile teams primarily in AWS technology environment
- Thorough understanding of implementing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices. Works with Interface Design to assure accessibility standards are met at a code level.
- Follows established coding standards and other group procedures, both individually and at a team level. Must ensure proper code reviews are held for the project and that development processes and tool utilization are followed.
- Contributes to the engineering team's culture of high code quality. Accountable for the quality of code that is delivered to QA and production and must ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit testing are adequately performed.
- Ensures that continuous integration is performed on the application source code and constantly seeks to enhance the continuous integration methods of the development team to ensure extremely high quality of code.
- Works closely with project management and requirements analysts to thoroughly understand the system requirements and ensure they are properly implemented. Also must seek ways to meet the underlying business requirements with low-cost, yet highly re-usable patterns and actively escalate requirements that may cause unnecessary risk or cost.
- Ensure that application code adheres to enterprise and industry standards and best practices, including performance and security standards.
- Gather feedback from design and technical staff on application development needs and patterns. Must be able to work with Enterprise Architecture group to propose and solicit approval of new architectural patterns including documentation and presentation of the architectural approach, benefits/limitations and other considerations (e.g. re-usability, security, performance, maintainability, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of implementing accessibility and progressive enhancement presentation layer coding practices.
- Responsible for support of and coordinating with other Engineers, Architects and teams including other technology teams such as a User Experience team or an infrastructure team.
- Assists Project Manager in project planning and estimating of project score items. Required Skills:Bachelor's degree required.At least 5-7 years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development Required Skills
- Good leadership and communication skills. Must be adoptable, open minded and sensible for the team needs.
- Expert-level understanding of the Java script, related optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Expert-level Object Oriented knowledge, with demonstrated complex implementations a must, e.g., custom API's, optimization techniques, and design patterns.
- Experience with DevOps tools and automation
- Experience working in an iterative(agile/scrum) development environment
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Expertise in managing code with GIT version control.
- Strong working knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style. Preferred Skills:
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 or Higher Education related software applications is a plus
- Experience working with NoSQL databases such as AWS DynamoDb.
- Experience managing and deploying builds to AWS cloud environments. Education/Certifications:Bachelor's Degree required Apply: Interested candidates can apply with their detailed word formatted resume along with their contact information\availability to Phone (off) - X 322. Thanks for all your time! - provided by Dice Sr. UI Engineer (Should have Devops skills and AWS)
Keywords: Kellton Tech, Reston , Contract to hire for Sr. UI Engineer (Should have Devops and AWS), Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!