Protocol Test Engineer
Company: HCL America Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Job Role :: Protocol Test EngineerJob Type :: Full-Time with HCL AmericaJob Location :: Reston, VAJob Description :-Domain Experience & Skills:
- Wireless Technology: LTE
- End to End System testing/Validation experience for RAN Network elements
- Hands on experience with any one of the OEM Product system testing 4G Nokia - eNB/BTS - FSIH/AirScale 4G Ericsson - MMBTS/RBS BBU 6K series 4G Samsung - eNB - FDD eNB/TDD (D1 and D2),
- EMS Configuration: Ability to configure the vendor specific EMS systems (AMOS/ENM, LSMR, BSM/NetAct) for various antenna configurations, Hand off configurations and troubleshooting configuration issues looking at GPL parameters.
- Expert User of Tools: Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Aeroflex - TM500, UE simulators like Prisma, Xcal/Xcap and Spirent VR5 for AWGN/EPA5_MC testing.
- OS knowledge: Linux/Unix
- Networking: Basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Scripting Language: Python and Shell scripting. Job Responsibilities:
- In this role the candidate will be a key contributor on a multi -functional team of System Test and Validation Engineers, responsible for testing 4G Radio Access Network Technologies, validating software loads delivered by OEM Vendors for RAN products, creating test requirements, test plans, detailed test procedures, performing test activities and troubleshooting SW/HW issues on RAN elements.
- Hands on experience on end to end system product testing, Software Upgrade, Manual OAM, Adversarial, Call Processing & Performance Testing.
- Hands on experience on IOT testing with various LTE interfaces like S1, X2, CSFB & LTE CA Throughput testing, Inter-Vendor Hand-Offs, traffic modelling and management based on capacity.
- Experience on throughput testing and verifying KPI at physical and RRC layers, post analysis of the performance data.
- Ability to articulate lab requirement based on field issues, setup end to end system test & mimic lab environment quickly to recreate field issue- involving provisioning of UE
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and get into technical discussions with OEM R&D team. Strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills - Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Well versed with Software development testing process - usage of Test management tool, Report generation, Bug tracking & working with development team & field support team for issue resolution.
- Ability to automate regression test cases using the Automation framework will be a plus. - provided by Dice Testing/Validation experience for RAN Network elements, EMS Configuration, Wireshark, Python and Shell scripting
Keywords: HCL America Inc., Reston , Protocol Test Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!