Onsite Engineer (OSE)
Company: Hitachi - Vantara
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and
industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help
enterprises improve their customers experiences, develop new
revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara
elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational
technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our
employee-focused culture and help drive our customers data to
meaningful customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background
experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall &
VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be
experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
* Provide project management and engineering support for projects
from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and
operational phase. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensure
implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to
standards and best practices.
* Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects
as well as enterprise solutions.
* Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of
the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits,
firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
* Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to
ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the
latest stable code
* Recommends and implements network standards to support the
enterprise network infrastructure.
* Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to
existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving
service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation
* Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations
on network infrastructure and network systems.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations
and perform packet analysis. Perform root cause analysis and
* Maintain inventory of networking hardware and software.
* Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project
delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational
documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments
and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting,
* Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member
providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
* TS/SCI Clearance required!
* Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from
initiation and planning through execution and closing.
* 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, best
practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design
life-cycle and documentation
* In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include
MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls,
multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree,
RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
* In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and
application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
* Must have design and deployment experience with
Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products, as well as,
firewall experience (Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto firewall)
* Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds,
BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow,
Netconf Software defined networking is a plus.
* Certifications (at least one): BCNP, BPIPA, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP,
* Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
* Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and
communication skills (oral and written)
Scope for a Customer OSE Engagement
Onsite Engineer (OSE) who will be an active participant in and
contributor to Customer s storage team for twelve (12) months (
Service ). The Onsite Engineer (OSE) activities will be directed by
Customer and may include the following:
* Tuning and optimization of HV Fed and Brocade products
* Software release planning and documentation
* Onsite contact for support and product escalations
* Assistance with installation of software Upgrades
* Assistance with capturing data collections required for problem
* Collect HV Fed and Brocade SAN/NET Health data on a regular basis
to facilitate trend analysis
* Provide Onsite Brocade technical product expertise to augment IT
staff resources and skills
* Perform proactive maintenance and support to optimize Brocade
* Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User
* Provide knowledge transfer on Brocade products to IT staff
* Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and
communicate closure/resolution to
* Brocade technical support, SAM, and End Users
* Utilization of Brocade tools to test and repair Brocade
* Other support activities as mutually agreed in connection with
the Covered Products
* Lead onsite educational knowledge transfer workshops,
specifically once per quarter for locations
* where an OSE is present, to expand the knowledge and skill set of
internal IP Network designers and administrators.
* Audit and evaluate current IP Network deployments, providing
recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
* Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies,
network modifications, etc.
* Provide and review best practice recommendations for
architecture, design, management and operation of the End User s HV
Fed and Brocade infrastructure. o Operate and manage the End User s
HV Fed Brocade infrastructure.
* Improve infrastructure monitoring and reporting capabilities
based on the deployment of Brocade management software.
* Assist in the delivery of HV Fed and Brocade technology proof of
* Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation relating to the
HV Fed and Brocade infrastructure within the End User
* Assess the End User s HV Fed and Brocade infrastructure and make
recommendation on improvement and optimization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic
origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or
physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state,
or local law.
Keywords: Hitachi - Vantara, Reston , Onsite Engineer (OSE), Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!