Engineering Tech Lead, Middleware
Company: Freddie Mac
Posted on: April 17, 2019
The Cloud Middleware Engineer, Tech Lead will be part of a team,
working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Responsible for
delivery and administration of Middleware infrastructure and
Cloud-native, Containerization platform in support of business
initiatives. Specific activities and associated deliverables
include: understanding the current middleware infrastructure and
design for AWS Cloud migration and Containerization administration
and configuration; be part of allocated team to assist in Product
certifications, engineering reviews, project releases; automate
- Design and layout a plan and procedure for migrating VM based
environments to AWS Cloud and Openshift containerization
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug infrastructure
software including Java, J2EE, JBoss EAP, WebLogic Server, Oracle
SOA, Oracle OSB, Apache, Tomcat, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes,
Process Automation Manager (PAM), Fuse, Vertex, SpringBoot.
- New Product(s) and version evaluation of Opensource, Cloud
native, Middleware products and provide certified baseline for
- Determine hardware compatibility in context of hardware
- Provide ongoing complex, high-level enterprise technical
- Develop solutions that are innovative, thorough, and
- Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, root
- Act as primary interface between Operations, Infrastructure,
Engineering and technical stakeholders.
- Support Environment Build and Delivery as per application
- Lead and assist team with Middleware upgrades and keep
environments run with supported versions.
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant
technical matters and coordinate across organization lines.
- Identify and recommend process improvements from
- Automate Cloud Migration tasks using required automation tools
-Unix Shell-scripting, Pytho, Ansible etc.
- Provide support to multiple interfaces to diverse in-house
developed and vendor-supplied applications.
- Document and Provide technical guidelines and best practices to
Operations, Integration and Development teams.
- Good understanding on system-level view of applications
infrastructure components to help resolve issues in both Non-Prod
and Production environments.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
or Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of industry experience with
DevOps, Cloud implementation products (Kubernetes, Process
Automation Manager, Fuse, SpringBoot, Vertex, Node.js, iNginix,
APigee) in Linux / Solaris / Windows platforms.
- Understanding of Middleware technology Apache, WebLogic Server,
Oracle SOA, OSB technologies.
- Experience with Messaging (JMS), and High-Availability
technology - real time trouble shooting of Fail-Over and stand-by
- Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best
practices for a large Middleware environment.
- Implementation experience of Security using SSL, Keystores,
SHA2, LDAP etc.
- Experience with Web Servers and Application Servers.
- Application development, integration experience using
Microservices is definitely a plus.
- Good understanding of Databases - Oracle, Postgres SQL, MS SQL
- Good understanding of IT Infrastructure and Monitoring tools
(Splunk, Nimsoft, OpNet etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communcations skills.
- Experience with Unix shell, Perl, WLST scripts and Ansible,
Puppet to perform middleware automation and Cloud Migration
Keys to Success:
- Work with a collaborative and inspirational style
- Embrace change and innovation, push boundaries of what is
- Have a strong technical background in past, present and future
- Challenge the status quo
Top 3 Personal Compentencies to Possess:
- Leadership - Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy,
- Drive for Execution - Be accountable for strong individual and
- Customer Focus (Internal and External) - Personally engage with
customers to learn their needs
- Champion and influence technology decisions. Establishes and
maintains relationships with peers. Demonstrates characteristics of
approachability, team player, and enthusiasm. Looks to find common
ground and get cooperation when dealing with conflict.
- Be a champion for process improvements, fostering innovative
thinking, engaging key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from
start to finish.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home
borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for
multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team
and youll do important work for the housing finance system and make
a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal
opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Freddie Mac, Reston , Engineering Tech Lead, Middleware, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!