Information Assurance / Security Engineer - Reston
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Peraton is seeking an IA Engineer to assist in providing the
development, testing, integration, upgrades, deployment, and
management of Information Systems.
What you'll do...
- C&A documentation and processing in accordance the Risk
Management Framework (RMF)
- Full life cycle of IS pragmatic and technological activities to
include: SSE/architecture; design and development, configuration
management; test and evaluation; verification/validation;
deployment, ops, and maintenance; training; documentation
preparation, approval, and delivery methods
- Ensure IA compliance of all systems and application
- Awareness of vulnerabilities and newest patches, and verifying
that the agency has applied appropriate patches, STIGs, and control
mechanisms as per directives.
- Provide training and assistance as require to the Client on all
- Security Engineering to include all design and development
necessary to ensure systems are fully compliant with applicable
security requirements to meet Certification and Accreditation
- Maintaining an active program to monitor, evaluate and install
all Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) updates to
systems with no or minimal disruption to systems during the
- Providing security management to include access control,
encryption/decryption, key management, risk analysis, management of
security assets, and assessment and prevention of security
- Providing data and system integrity and the physical security
of the network
- Assist to author and maintain the System Security Plan (SSP),
hardware and software baseline, system/network diagrams,
maintaining the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and other
requirements to obtain and maintain security accreditation from the
Accrediting Authority and approval to connect from other sources
- Preparing, completing, updating, and maintaining site C&A
- Coordinating with the organizations' designated approval
authorities (DAAs) to ensure the system accreditation remains
- Assisting Government representatives in answering requests for
information or coordinating with other site security
- Remote delivery may be an option
You'd be a great fit if...
- You have Bachelor's degree along with 5+ years of directly
- You have knowledge and experience implementing Information
assurance (IA) practices in a Continuous Integration continued
- You have hands on experience applying security guidance to
network and compute systems, implementing IA security in mixed
Linux and windows environments
- You are experienced in conducting and assessing the results of
static and dynamic vulnerability scans
- You are experienced in Vulnerability Remediation, Secure
Configurations support (i.e. DISA STIGS), Security Advisory
- You have effective oral and written communication skills,
excellent interpersonal skills, and Microsoft Office
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills. Able to
clearly articulate issues, risk managed solutions and author
concise and executable cybersecurity policy It'd be even better if
- CISSP strongly preferred What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives Security Clearance...
- This position requires the candidate to have an ACTIVE DHS
Suitability/EOD, or eligible to obtain prior to start.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Reston , Information Assurance / Security Engineer - Reston, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!