Senior Virtualization Engineer - Reston
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Senior Virtualization Engineer in Reston,
Virginia to support our customer-facing and enterprise
The candidate will be responsible for designing, deploying, and
maintaining a variety of virtualization services. The candidate
will have coworkers that come from a variety of technical
backgrounds, and work across departmental boundaries and
continents. We encourage teammates to take advantage of this and
get exposed to new technologies, while bringing their own
experiences to the group.
We have a primarily Linux, OpenBSD, and VMWare-based environment,
and tend to use open-source software when possible.
The Virtualization Engineer will be responsible for the following
technologies, and the candidate should be comfortable with most of
them in a production environment.
- Design, installation, and life cycle maintenance of VMware
vSphere, vCenter, and VSAN
- ZFS-based storage systems which back VMware clusters, such as
Nexenta, FreeBSD, and FreeNAS
- Optimization of guests as it relates to virtualization
including Tools installation and virtual hardware selection and
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of storage, compute, and
- Basic routing and switching on a variety of platforms including
OpenBSD, Linux, Cisco switches, Juniper Routers
- OpenBSD and Linux use and troubleshooting to support job
- Basic scripting (python, PowerShell) to automate tasks that can
- All of the above with a mind-set of doing things in a secure
and robust fashion
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to think critically and troubleshoot effectively
- Advanced automation and scripting (puppet, ansible, SDN)
- Advanced routing and switching with BGP, OSPF, and MPLS
- Packet filtering on a variety of platforms including OpenBSD
- Docker and container orchestration
- Monitoring software including nagios, check_mk, Observium
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need
to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Reston , Senior Virtualization Engineer - Reston, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!