Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Company: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the guidance of the Manager the
incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the
- Support Analysis, Design, Development
- Support in designing and defining core reusable data assets
that support the long-term business strategy for development
- Assesses data quality via data profiling and identifies data
gaps through gap analysis of desired data versus existing data
- Develop thorough source to target mappings to populate new,
integrated data structures.
- Look for standardization and reuse opportunities, abstractions
and patterns across classes and components to streamline design and
development of data integration solutions.
- Drives the solution design and solution review to ensure the
data design and data mappings meet the technical objectives,
business requirements, and standards.
- Drives the design of maintainable data integration logic for
existing and new data applications in accordance with the technical
Data Integration Testing
- Assists in data analysis and design, data integration (end to
end) testing, and problem resolution related to data and business
- Verifies that the Data Requirements as defined in the Project
Requirements Document are tested end to end throughout the Software
Development Life Cycle.
- Performs data profiling throughout lifecycle to assess data
sets and identify data anomalies.
- Performs data validation to ensure that data integration code
is working in accordance with source-to-target mappings.
- Performs test data management activities including working with
the business to obtain a sufficient test data set, coordinate with
operations teams for access by all project / staff to environments
/ storage of test data sets to perform multiple test cycles, and
work with enterprise testing for validation of data that is
- Tracks all data issues and escalates to appropriate
stakeholders as needed.
Day to Day Support
- Works with end users, business analysts, and source system
experts to understand business requirements and drive the
appropriate data solutions.
- Research data anomalies to assist development teams in
completing data integration development.
- Coordinates and review data findings with the Data Governance
Team and downstream consumers.
- Completes data analysis, data design, gap analysis and source
to target mappings per the specifications of a project.
- Works closely with the project teams as new projects and point
releases are deployed to ensure adherence to published data
- Ensures sufficient knowledge of any transitioned application
has been gained in order to effectively support it.
- Maintains proper documentation for the source to target
mappings and identifies changes as needed to existing mappings.
Performs data profiling and data validation to better understand
data and ensure working data integration solutions.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Actuarial Science,
Information Systems, or other related IT field or equivalent work
3-5 years of experience with database management systems, ETL
systems, business intelligence tools, gap analysis, source to
target mappings, defect management, and testing.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise leading specific work or resources on a
team to deliver results.
- Hands on experience in numerous technologies with skills
ranging with one or more of the following:
- Logical and physical data model design; technical
documentation; source-to-target mappings; full-cycle system
development, test case creation, audit balance and control metrics,
relational and dimensional database systems; data quality
- Strong SQL experience; Experience with OLAP Dimensional
development, Data Warehousing, Master Data Management (MDM),
Hadoop, Ab Initio, DB2, MS Office.Some Healthcare experiences
Familiarity with new technologies and how they could be leveraged
to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate
Experience with Ab Initio and/or MicroStrategy.Some knowledge of
Big Data Technologies
Department: Data Integration Architect
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO)
employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal
employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 08/08/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any
debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible
to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of
the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands
are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small
controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear.
Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Keywords: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Reston , Senior Data Warehouse Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!