Lead Kubernetes Engineer
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable
mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the
leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more
people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the
housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we
work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design
and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and
technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems,
middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The
engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test &
certify technology platforms, software and applications.
Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure
component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations.
Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate
bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology
currency of systems and applications. Document design and
engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and
operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build,
implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as an egineering Subject Matter Expert (SMe)in partnering
with, and influencing stakeholders to promote simplification,
standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable
consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and
procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and
operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing
performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization
metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand
- At the highest level of technical complexity, design and verify
the technology solution meets business and technical requirements
and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines,
technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security
- Develop operational model to maintain and operate the
application design, including, but not limited to, monitoring,
performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution
and application designs
- Performs required performance tuning and maintenance. Conduct
performance measurement and establish updated baseline measures and
propose optimized configuration
- As an engineering SME, mentor and lead engineers EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid experience in overseeing operations of complex
distributed applications in a Linux environment.
- Strong Kubernetes operations experience
- 8+ years' experience in design, implementation, monitoring and
troubleshooting enterprise services in a Linux environment.
- 3+ years of experience installing, configuring and supporting
Red Hat OpenShift With Ansible.
- 4+ years of experience supporting applications running on
Docker and Kubernetes.
- 5+ years of solid Linux Administration experience.
- 2+ years of AWS experience
- Red Hat OpenShift certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure
Capacity Monitoring and Automated Scaling solutions
- Experience with automation/management frameworks (Puppet, Chef,
Ansible, SaltStack) EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job
applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a
background investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity
Req ID: 56780
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Lead Kubernetes Engineer, Engineering , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!