Assistant Front Office Manager
Company: The Westin Reston Heights
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Assist the Front Office Manager in managing the Front Office
operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and
compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while
meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensure that the arrival,
departure, and all other guest contact are conducted in an
efficient and friendly manner.
* Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and
telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being
* Implement company and franchise programs.
* Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development of
the Rooms Division budget.
* Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to
ensure their optimum performance.
* Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest
response tracking system.
* Provide training for entry level associates and supervisors.
* Develop and implement controls for expense management.
* Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor
* Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open
communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when
appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
* Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve
problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
* Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX
standard operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office
Quality Standards are complied with and are consistently
* Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to
facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
* Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to
achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of
* Maintain all front desk related equipment and a par stock of
* Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by
reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business
flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer
satisfaction and quality.
* Develop strong relations with the sales team to discuss and
implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Minimum 1 year of front desk experience.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Proficient with PMS system and computer literacy a must.
* Advanced knowledge of brand s reward program.
* Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Communicate well with guests.
* Must possess thorough knowledge of all front office operations
and individual job requirements.
* Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers,
some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and
diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
* Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent
* General knowledge of local area attractions and
* Must be able to stand up for 4 or more hours at a time with or
without reasonable accommodation.
* Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates and customers.
* Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or
heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Westin Reston Heights, Reston , Assistant Front Office Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!