IT Security Manager
Company: FHLB Office of Finance
Posted on: January 16, 2020
POSITION: IT Security Manager DATE: January 2020 DEPARTMENT:
Information Technology FLSA: Exempt REPORTS TO: Director, IT
Security and Networking SUMMARY OF POSITION: The IT Security
Manager has primary responsibility for all IT Security-related
system operations at the Office of Finance (OF) to ensure a safe
and sound computing environment. This position brings a strong
technical and leadership mindset to the Information Security
Program at the OF through understanding the needs of the business
and ensuring a balance between productivity and security. The IT
Security Manager will manage the security team to deliver quality
projects according to project schedule. A strong emphasis on
collaboration and coordination is critical for this position and
the incumbent will possess the ability to effectively lead and
influence others without direct managerial authority. The incumbent
will be responsible for ensuring the various security controls in
the OF comply with the requirements detailed in the IT Security
Policy and the Information Security Program. This position serves a
crucial role in support of the OF's mission critical areas of debt
issuance, debt servicing, and combined financial reporting, which
depend on the accuracy and the availability of the security systems
for the successful operation of the OF. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages all IT Security Operations detective and preventative
technologies. Examples of security controls include: intrusion
detection/prevention, malcode detection/prevention, network access
controls, web application firewalls, web content filtering, e-mail
controls, change detection and centralized logging. The incumbent
will ensure detective security controls are kept up-to-date and are
configured for appropriate effectiveness, in accordance with
industry best practice and regulatory guidance.
- Manage the monitoring, administration, engineering,
architectural guidance and processes/procedures for detective and
- Manage the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Program,
including access requests and attestation.
- Oversee and manage security projects including design,
implementation and integration of new or upgraded
- Strengthen and formalize security processes both within the
security team and with other supporting resources.
- Manage industry best practice guidance and security hardening
guidelines for all OF technologies.
- Mandate and document necessary settings on indirect security
controls such as baseline security configurations and application
development security guidelines.
- Manage Threat Intelligence Program; remain current on new and
emerging threats, and the implication on the OF; and recommend and
implement suggestions for improving security based on
- Manage Vulnerability Management Program; conduct and manage
internal and third party vulnerability assessments and penetration
tests; and work with appropriate teams to ensure proper ratings and
- Subject matter expert on security incident response efforts;
oversee all alerts and anomalies; serve as the lead for incident
response research, analysis, communication, and management of
forensic investigations; and conduct incident investigations both
during and after business hours as needed.
- Partner closely with the Enterprise Architects, Project
Managers, Infrastructure Leaders, and Application Development teams
to ensure a consistent approach to security solutions in each area
of responsibility and throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead, manage and develop IT Security staff and resources and
ensure all necessary steps are sufficiently documented and followed
by the IT Security staff when evaluating security settings.
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external IT audit teams,
fulfilling documentation requests, developing remediation plans,
and leading efforts to remediate findings.
- Manage IT Security Operations budget and resources, and
participate in IT planning and project management.
- Support the OF's diversity and inclusion strategy by following
policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and
diverse business partners
- Assist with other job duties as assigned PRINCIPAL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional Security Certification (e.g., CISSP, GIAC, CISM)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in IT security related
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT Security leadership.
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of information
- Demonstrated experience in incident response and responding to
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing IT projects or
sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Ability to lead and manage technical personnel.
- Strong decision-making skills and excellent analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of IT security principles and
- Fundamental knowledge of *NIX (Sun Solaris, RHEL, Windows,
- Fundamental knowledge of web applications protocols (HTTP(s))
and web services frameworks (JAVA, APACHE, .NET)
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of
individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships,
collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States. EQUAL
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the Federal Home Loan
Banks Office of Finance to ensure equal employment opportunity
(EEO) for all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation, or related conditions), national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, uniformed service member
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent,
genetic information (including testing and characteristics), or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local law. It is the OF's policy to comply with applicable laws
concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including
reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees with
Keywords: FHLB Office of Finance, Reston , IT Security Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!