Technical Incident Manager #102704
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: February 21, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the
future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive
team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help
lead our industry forward and make your career.
In this technical incident management function, manage incidents to
resolution in a 24/7/365 environment using the standard Fannie Mae
incident management processes, effectively guide incident triage
calls from a technical perspective, outline details of resolution
activities, recommend and implement improved processes, provide
timely status updates to stakeholders, assist with postmortem
related activities and support various efforts related to
operational improvements. Manage efforts to maintain application in
production, including troubleshooting stoppages, repairing bugs,
documenting application performance, and coordinating with
technology infrastructure management.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Support and Tools - Incident Management - Advisor role will
offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Manage production incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365
environment using the standard Fannie Mae incident management
processes and inform management at all levels of status, impact and
- Effectively lead and guide Incident triage calls from a
technical perspective analyzing different components of the
infrastructure and application environments.
- Influence other technical teams on the calls and articulate
troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Lead required technical follow-up calls for high profile
- Ensure appropriate functional and management escalation takes
place as per the standards and procedures.
- Follow up on items that could potentially negatively impact
production operations, assist with postmortem related activities
and support various efforts related to operational
- Based on recommendations from management, implement new and
improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create
reports and address ad-hoc requests.
Minimum Required Experiences
- 8 years of related experience
- Experience with different IT Infrastructure components such as
Unix/ Linux Servers, Wintel Servers, AWS, networks, firewalls,
routers, load balancers, VPN, Apache, web logic, LDAP,
Oracle/Sybase databases, SAN, Virtualization, Email systems,
Enterprise monitoring and access management solutions for single
sign on. Subject matter expertise is not required and experience
with at least eight of the above is preferred.
- 6+ years of working experience with applications in a
production support environment using above technologies, AWS
- 6+ years of experience as an Incident manager handling
incidents, changes and problems in a 24/7 production
- Ability to analyze different components of the infrastructure
and application environments during Incident triage calls.
- Aptitude to influence other technical teams on the incident
calls and articulate troubleshooting steps effectively.
- Experience and confidence working with all levels of
management; excellent written and verbal skills. Able to quickly
and concisely communicate with senior management on technical
issues in non-technical terms and to run large conference calls
during incident calls with a wide range of personnel and management
- Hands on experience with ServiceNow, Remedy, or other ticketing
tools is required.
- Strong relationship management skills and aptitude to
multi-task and work well in a high stress environment, both within
teams and independently.
- 10 years of related experience is preferred
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Subject matter expertise with different IT infrastructure
components not required however experience with at least eight of
the above listed is preferred.
Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and
Skilled in monitoring tools such as Extrahop, Dynatrace, Netcool
suite, Catchpoint, Moogsoft, Splunk among others.
Skilled in Excel
Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
Experience using VMWare
**Ability to occasionally work on nights and weekends if and when
major incidents occur**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Technical Incident Manager #102704, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!