Director Business Development, RSTA/Maritime /Warfare Systems
Company: CACI International Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
- Director Business Development, RSTA/Maritime /Warfare Systems
Director Business Development, RSTA/Maritime /Warfare Systems
246550 Location:-- Reston, VA US Job Category:-- Business
Development and Marketing Secret Job Description CACI is searching
for a seasoned Director of Business Development to lead and--grow
our Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA),
Maritime and Warfare Systems Integration business. If you have
knowledge of, and experience with the Department of Defense (DoD)'s
Systems and Platform integration market and--recent/relevant
experience identifying and securing business in the areas of
engineering and manufacturing development, integration and test,
and sustainment of Naval, Army, USMC and or USAF systems/platforms,
then we want to hear from you! What You'll Get to Do:
- Leverage your--leadership experience and relationships within
US Federal Departments/Agencies and across industry to identify,
qualify, develop, shape and win Federally funded contracts.
- Focus on opportunities to deliver capabilities across CACI's
National Security and Innovative Solutions (NSIS) business.
- Develop and mature business strategies at both an
organizational and operational level to expand CACI business into
new customers and markets.
- Develop a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities and
implement processes and systems for collection, interpretation, and
dissemination of information on those opportunities, in order to
develop and make informed recommendations for pursuit and
- Directly engage current and prospective clients in solving
mission critical national security challenges.
- Manage a team of Business Development Executives focused on
RSTA/Maritime/Warfare systems sub-markets while still
growing/maintaining multiple pipelines
- Position CACI with such clients and provide business and
competitive intelligence to, and work closely with, the applicable
Business Development and Line Organization Executives on new and
re-compete business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain "value added" working relationships with
both internal and external stakeholders, including other Business
Development team members, Account Executives, Capture Managers,
Proposal Managers, and CACI line organizations including Business
and Division Group Executives and program management teams in order
to ensure effective, efficient, and integrated implementation of
CACI business development strategies. You'll Bring These
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or functional discipline.
- 12+ years of--Business Development experience within
Federal/DOD government services markets, with at least 5 years
working in the Army RSTA or NAVSEA and associated Warfare Centers,
and/or DEVCOM C5ISR & Soldier Centers services and solutions
markets, managing a qualified opportunity pipeline of at least
- Must have experience leading and developing others and have the
ability to lead teams in a supervisory capacity.
- Independently driven energy and excitement to identify and win
- Demonstrated ability effectively straddle the line between
supporting program leadership while also driving strategic
- Active Secret level Security Clearance with the ability to get
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal Acquisition policies and
- Experience leading opportunities across the pre-award lifecycle
(capture, teaming, proposal development).
- Ability to pivot between strategic initiatives and tactical
engagement with agility.
- Experience engaging with US Government and Military personnel
at multiple levels to advance business objectives.
- Experience qualifying and capturing contracts in Programs of
Record across Army, USAF, Navy/USMC, and Joint organization
- Mature understanding of DoD system acquisition lifecycle
- Experience working with acquisition strategies surrounding FAR
based acquisitions, Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity
(ID/IQ) contracts and task orders, Broad Area Agreements (BAAs),
Other Transaction Authority (OTA)
- Strong understanding of DoD and Military Service organization
and force structures
- Exceptional MS Office usage skills (PowerPoint, Excel,
- Exceptional professional communication skills (both written and
- Experience leading and providing support to a diverse team
including retired senior military officers and civilian
- Experience developing client-ready written products to include
whitepapers, capability briefings, and proposals. These
Qualification Would Be Nice to Have:
- Mature understanding of DoD modernization priorities across DoD
- Existing relationships with stakeholders across the research
and development, production, sustainment, and training markets
- Executive level knowledge of technical topics including (but
not limited to) artificial intelligence / machine learning, data
science, systems integration, Agile software development, mission
hardware and software, application of augmented and virtual
reality. Required Qualifications:
- 12+ years of relevant capability and client experience with 3-5
years of direct business development experience in the Army or Navy
systems integration and services market.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or functional discipline or
- A demonstrated/verifiable track record of proven success in
opportunity identification, qualification and development; and in
the design and implementation of sound business development account
plans and strategies.
- A mature and active network of contacts relevant to the Systems
Integration market, its clients and the contractor industry that
supports those clients.
- Solid interpersonal, oral presentation, negotiating and
- An active SECRET security clearance and be eligible to obtain
additional accesses, as required. Desired Qualifications:
- A working knowledge of the Federal/DoD budgeting, acquisition,
and procurement processes. What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
success. Job Location US-Reston-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN CACI employs a
diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels
innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI,
you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by
providing information solutions and services in support of national
security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,
Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide
dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. For Colorado and/or remote
CACI jobs, the proposed salary range and benefits information will
be presented in the job description prior to your application.
Keywords: CACI International Inc., Reston , Director Business Development, RSTA/Maritime /Warfare Systems, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!