Director, Strategic Planning
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Description Job Description: Leidos' corporate Business
Development & Strategy (BD&S) organization is seeking a
Director, Strategic Planning to help shape Leidos' strategic
direction and drive growth and profitability. This position will be
located at the Leidos headquarters in Reston, Virginia.JOB
SUMMARY:This position will report to the Senior Vice President,
Corporate Strategy and will be responsible for partnering with
other corporate strategy team members and with leaders from across
the company to develop, communicate and help implement strategies
to drive growth. This role provides an opportunity to develop
elements of Leidos' corporate strategy, lead the analysis and
development of market strategies, identify and conduct diligence on
potential strategic partners and acquisition candidates, and engage
in organizational performance improvement initiatives.The ideal
candidate will have previously served in a business strategy
consulting or investment banking role with a top tier firm, or in a
corporate strategy or corporate development role with an aerospace
or technology services company.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of the Leidos corporate strategy team, the position
supports the development and implementation of the overall
corporate strategy and provides the market research and analysis in
order to inform the decision-making process.
- Partners with the Executive Leadership Team to provide research
and analysis to support strategic decision-making and situational
- Partners with Corporate Development by investigating and
evaluating potential targets for mergers, acquisitions, and
- Partners with Group Strategy VPs to support the development and
implementation of each Group's strategic plan and provides the
market research and analysis in order to support
- Partners with Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) to provide
customer analysis to include priorities, budget, and spending
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor
developments and their impact on market share.
- Manages and fully leverages cross-business Industry
Associations to maximum enterprise benefit.
- Develops and implements Strategy Communication and Cascade
process to ensure all Leidos employees are aware of Corporate and
Group strategies, align with strategies relevant to their roles,
and are energized by the future direction of Leidos.
- Partners with Investor Relations and Media Relations to ensure
consistent communication framework to all stakeholders (employees,
shareholders, customers, community/media.)
- Manages relationships and works with strategy consulting firms
to deliver project objectives.
- Supports corporate events and requests such as the Strategic
Advisory Group, Leidos Board of Directors meetings, Investor
briefings, and CEO presentations.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Business Administration degree (or equivalent
experience) and a minimum of 5-7 years of strategy, M&A or
corporate development related experience.
- Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw
insights to inform decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and
- Demonstrated capability in and familiarity with market
research, competitive, and financial analysis.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with senior management and teammates.
- Knowledge of federal budget, spending, and acquisition
- Skills required: PowerPoint, Mekko Graphics, Excel, Word,
research subscription knowledge (e.g., BGOV, DACIS, GovWinIQ). Pay
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Director, Strategic Planning, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!