Cyber Defense Analyst Sr. Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:This is an opportunity to join a team
of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best
group of individuals out there. Leidos' Cybersecurity Intelligence
and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated
Cyber Defense Analyst Sr. Manager. Leidos is an international
company made up of 35,000 employees that provides Defense,
Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. Our goal is to
stay ahead of, and maintain a technical advantage over our
adversaries using the latest technical advancements, including
custom built cybersecurity capabilities. Reporting to the Director
of Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response, this position is
responsible for the central management, oversight, and evolution of
a global team defending Leidos' information networks through threat
hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and
nation state actors. This position requires working experience in
cyber security and incident response, preferably with direct
management of cyber threat intelligence and/or hunting operations
In this role, you will provide technical expertise and leadership
to a team of Cyber Defense Analysts, provide appropriate levels of
situational awareness to stakeholders, including staff, management,
senior and executive leadership, and deliver cyber threat
intelligence reports and briefings to internal teams, and senior
leadership. Additionally, you will provide oversight to both
internal and external community information sharing
- Lead a team of cyber defense analysts to identify, track, and
investigate high priority threat campaigns and malicious
- Lead Cyber Security Incident Handling as necessary.
- Manage cyber threat analysts researching current and emerging
threats, campaign assessment, data collection and analysis;
collecting, assessing, and cataloging threat indicators and
responsibility for adding context to threat indicators to convey
urgency, severity, and credibility
- Communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a
confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or
visual means, to different constituencies such as legal counsel,
executive management and technical staff.
- Escalate new threats to leadership in a timely manner with
appropriate information regarding risk, action times, and
- Oversee the team's collaboration with external CIRTs,
intelligence entities, and industry communities (such as NDISAC,
DCISE) on observed TTPs and activities of persistent threat
- Validate information received from other organizations to
minimize resource expenditures on bad intelligence
- Lead strategic projects and develop capabilities to enhance and
mature existing cyber threat intelligence functions.
- Drive innovation and provide thoughtful leadership on current
and future cyber security initiatives.
- Provide evaluation and feedback necessary for improving
intelligence production, intelligence reporting, collection
requirements, and operations.
- Interface with Business Unit and Corporate group leadership to
provide an understanding of current threats targeting their
environments and what security measures are currently mitigating
- Minimum of seven years' experience in cybersecurity, or
cybersecurity incident response.
- Minimum of two years managing an Information/Cyber Security
Team with responsibilities that include leading incident response
- Able to work with sensitive materials and employee information
and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Experience building and managing teams
- Experience in conventional network\host-based intrusion
analysis, digital forensics or malware analysis.
- Experience performing "deep dive" analysis and correlation of
log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic
- Experience with incident response activities involving APT
threat actors and working ongoing pervasive intrusion sets.
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems and Network
- Ability to track and research changes within the information
security field and provide actionable intelligence.
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDP) - Sourcefire, Snort,
- Security Information & Event Management (Splunk preferred)
- Network Analysis tools - Wireshark, tcpdump
- Full Packet CapturePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including
ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting
enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by
- Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data
correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable
events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports.
- Experience with Incident Response methodology in
investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics,
techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience in a security intelligence center or similar
environment tracking threat actors and responding to
- Familiarity with cyber threat landscape, geopolitical issues
that could have cyber impacts, security vulnerabilities, exploits,
malware, digital forensics, network security vulnerabilities,
exploits and attacks
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to
parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems.
- Tool agnostic ability to conduct preliminary malware
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and
the Unix/Linux command line.
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat
intelligence to both technical and executive-level
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence
- Threat hunting experience
- Experience performing dynamic malware analysis.
- Experience with malware reverse engineering.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure
designs; including cloud infrastructures, routing, firewall
functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems,
encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols
- Hands-on experience with security technologies:
- Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR) - McAfee,
CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, etc.
- Security Orchestration, Automation, & Response (SOAR) -
- Threat Intelligence Platforms - CRITS, MISP, ThreatConnect,
- Malware Sandboxing - Cuckoo, Yara, Volatility, etcPay Range:Pay
Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Cyber Defense Analyst Sr. Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!