Posted on: May 7, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos has a career opportunity for
a Capture Manager to assist the Homeland Security Solutions
business in pursuing profitable growth, reporting directly to the
BD VP for Homeland Security Solutions located in Reston, VA.
POSITION SUMMARY:The Capture Manager is responsible for the capture
leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the market
strategy. The qualified must thrive in an environment where they
are responsible for the management and execution of the full
capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and
proposals. We are an agile team that is looking for a highly
motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed individual to assist in
leading responses of statement of works/objectives and competitive
RFP/RFQ/RFI requests. The candidate is expected to understand and
adapt to our identified proposal protocol, as well as understand
Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts. As
an experienced professional, the candidate is also requested to
mentor other capture, BD and/or operations professionals and
support the larger Homeland Security Solutions Team. This
individual will be expected to coalesce with team members, BD,
operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to
position HSS for successful pursuits. This person will also gather,
assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely with BD
leads - identifying related needs and constraints that impact the
winning solution. Candidates at this level will develop value
propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases
and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the
strategy throughout the Capture lifecycle. He/she will develop,
organize and execute significant capture activities, including
building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win
probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis,
etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing
customers. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment
within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact
with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and
customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
Characteristics necessary for success include: business and
technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical
presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain
internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid
working relationships and communication with technical staff,
managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication
skills are required. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and project
plans and develop early win strategies
- Develop, organize and execute significant capture activities,
including building industry and Leidos-internal teams
- Assist with the creation and execution of call plans
- Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of
customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging
- Drive all aspects of the capture successfully through the Win
- Communicate resource needs and leverage resources assigned,
collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional
leads, and Program Managers.
- Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff by managing
call plan development, execution, and detailed reporting on, and
tracking of, follow-up activities after plan execution.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white
papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate reviews,
black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant RFI, sources sought and
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and
Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and
follow through on tasking.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified
milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities,
document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to
capture technique, strategy, and actions. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires a BA degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing
win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape
acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ,
IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment
types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for all
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest
levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives;
ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture,
based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition
- Ability to lead local and geographically-dispersed teams.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to
present ideas, information, and reports.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal
characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual
skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination,
well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play
a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company
with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to
its clients. ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective
coaching, mentoring, and training of the capture and proposal
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards
solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred
characteristic of the ideal candidate.
- Secret clearance is a plus.
- Knowledge of DHS is also a plus. Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Capture Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!