Supplier Risk Management Senior Associate
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: May 8, 2022
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the
future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive
team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help
lead our industry forward and make your career.
This job can be worked from one of our offices - Reston, VA, Plano,
TX or Washington, DC or done virtually.
As a valued colleague on our Supplier Risk Management team, you
will contribute to assessing and identifying potential risks that
may threaten our reputation, safety, security, and/or financial
success, as well as collaborate with team in communicating and
collaborating with key stakeholders across the enterprise, and
understanding business objectives.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Supplier Risk Management Senior Associate role will offer you
the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside
people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Determine suppliers that pose potential risks to the
- Identify and evaluate the impact of inherent supplier risks to
- Monitor and report on information and processes to reduce risk
using rigorous analysis.
- Document and notify suppliers and stakeholders of control gaps,
control guidelines, methods to mitigate risk and resolutions.
- Partner with the team to review business strategies and make
decisions that will drive success in the face of shifting
priorities, risk, and regulations.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 2 years of related experience
- Risk assessment and management experience including evaluating
and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying
control gaps, remediating risk, advising, documentation etc.
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple
projects effectively, strong time management and prioritization
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions
- Influencing skills - can negotiate, persuade others, facilitate
meetings, and resolve conflict
- Excellent presentation skills up to Officer level; able to
present information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is
engaging and easy to understand
- Proven relationship management skills including engaging and
managing stakeholders, internal customers, and vendors, etc.
- Ability to work with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively towards a common goal
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with operational risk or third party risk management
frameworks strongly preferred
- Experience with statistical/data analysis and reporting; can
analyze data to identify trends or relationships to inform
conclusions about the data, skilled in creating visual concepts for
graphical representation of data
- Prior experience helping an organization plan and manage change
efforts to meet strategic objectives
- Risk certification
- Experience using SharePoint
- Skilled in using risk platforms and/or S2P/P2P technology
- Experience using Ivalua/ProcureOne
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and
hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and
new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation
and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these
processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local
health administration guidance. While the company's operating
status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of
Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue
to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition,
all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a
confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they
have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to
information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Reston , Supplier Risk Management Senior Associate, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!