Program Manager - Americas
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job RequisitionProgram Manager - Americas Aviation ProgramsJob
DescriptionWe are looking for a Program Manager excited to support
our customers by leading delivery program execution for complex
security detection products. The Program Manager (PM) pro-actively
leads all execution, management, and coordination of all program
activities associated with assigned product delivery contracts and
related growth projects during the full lifecycle of
programs/projects through installation. This includes supporting
the Sales team with bid proposals, then assuming program leadership
starting with project set up through to successful installation
until handoff to Leidos Service team. The PM ensures products are
produced, delivered, installed, and accepted in accordance with
program requirements. The PM leads assigned customer and
stakeholder communications as the primary company interface as well
cost/technical/schedule management ownership, program P&L
ownership, new business/development support, and corresponding new
business activities. Programs assigned are anticipated to include
security detection product delivery to customers in North and/or
South America (including Caribbean Islands).Primary
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing key
stakeholder relationships within the domestic and international
aviation security environment, with a focus on the assigned product
contract(s) to enable effective program execution and support new
- Responsible for managing cost, schedule, and technical
performance of major programs/service in accordance with company
and industry best practices for program management across the
- Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to
successfully manage the program(s) and meet contractual obligations
including leading functional team in execution and completion of
all contractual obligations. This is done through development of a
PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans,
procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering
product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and
working the program through final payment.
- Develop and maintain strong internal partnerships across the
Operation and functional teams (e.g. Manufacturing, Supply Chain,
Operations, Product Line Leads, Finance, Engineering, Service,
Legal, and Quality)
- Establishes goals and objectives related to program support for
the functional and program team; obtains their commitments to those
goals; and, tracks progress.
- Program P&L ownership including developing and holding to
- Identifies business development and value added sales
opportunities related to programs.
- Supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of
products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and
obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Prepares and reports program status to all stakeholders
prepares and presents periodic status reports and monthly Program
Management Reviews with the Operation Leadership Team.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and
makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant,
on time and within budget.
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery, integrity, and high
accountability for meeting plans.
- Effectively lead program support personnel as needed to achieve
programmatic and organization goals.
- Develops and implements strategic improvement initiatives for
delivery programsBasic Qualifications
- Integrity: Proven experience in leading projects with integrity
focused on doing what is right, treating others with respect, and
candid, open communication.
- Team: Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams
and relationships in a matrix environment; influence people outside
of direct reporting relationships/levels; and, communicate
effectively at all levels.
- Trust: Proven ability to build and maintain positive and
effective customer relationships, representing Leidos as a trusted
partner with a passion for honoring all commitments.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills are required for effective interface with internal and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications.
Experience with MS 365 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to
program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present
- Must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, terms and
conditions with range of suppliers and customers.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments with
knowledge of MRP systems and Configuration Management
- Understanding of global business in a highly regulated
- Security Requirement: US Public trust and ability to pass
security vetting for site or customer visits (international and
- Highly prefer specific experience working with Aviation
Security Detection Products. Other relevant industry experience
- PMP - Certification is preferred. Relevant and successful
Program/Project Management experience may be considered as an
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of
twenty-five percent (25%) of the time to key customers and
suppliers (international and domestic US)Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with development, installation, delivery,
maintenance/warranty, and/or management of security detection &
- Experience leading projects internationally.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish, English/Portuguese)
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and
certifications, etc. for complex equipment and customer
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 - 15 years of
prior relevant experiencePay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 -
$156,000.00 - $210,600.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Program Manager - Americas, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!