TSS Solutions Manager (Hybrid/Onsite) Virginia
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain:SecretSuitability:Agency SpecificPublic Trust/Other
Required:Job Family:Solutions ArchitectJob Description:Job
Description Summary:We are GDIT. We build cutting-edge applications
for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects
across the country. Bring your creativity to help us find solutions
to complex problems and play an essential part in preparing our
nation for the future.At GDIT, people are our differentiator. GDIT
Technology Shared Services (TSS) is seeking an high performing,
experienced, detailed oriented, technical Solutions Sr Manager,
focused on application delivery and integration services. This
position will be responsible for supporting General Dynamics
Corporate Headquarters mission-critical critical applications
across Finance, HR, IT service management, and other support
applications. This individual will work actively with the GD
operating unit and external partners to interface application
systems and services across the General Dynamics portfolio (GDIT,
GDMS, Electric Boat, etc.) and to solve business problems with
systematic and process-oriented solutions that fit within
company/customer system architecture
- Plans for, designs, optimizes, and supports to stable
operations for GD CHQ's interface and API services environment to
integrate business services across a portfolio of 30+ primarily
- Performs complex systems and application interface design and
development work primarily around systems interfaces that may
include logical design, application model formulation, cost
projection development, systems architecture analysis and design,
and systems engineering tasks.
- Performs systems analysis and modeling to Identify, analyze,
and resolve system problems.
- Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems
- Develops logical and physical technology documentation on new
or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts quality review to ensure systems meet
documented user requirements.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical
guidance as needed
- Determines applications specifications, input/output processes,
and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Collaborates with other IT and business functions to develop
technical solutions associated with new project requests.
- Evolves into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise
between IT and other departments.Skills:
- Knowledge and awareness of current applications, primarily SaaS
products, services, and solutions.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and
- Knowledge of network services, directory federation services,
operating systems services, and virtualized and cloud compute.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Integration and Management
- The ability to work independently on complex tasks which
require analysis and action.
- The ability to work well with staff members and user community,
especially with senior executive management staff.
- Ability to consult and provide overall guidance on applications
across the portfolioRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical
certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5 years' experience managing and developing technical
- 7-10 years of related systems or application engineering
- Demonstrated experience building and supporting evolving
interface requirements for a complex application portfolio strongly
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods,
and techniques as well as network services, directory federation
services, operating systems services, data management, and
virtualized and cloud compute.
- Be on site General Dynamics Headquarters -3 Days per week
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance#DATA #APPLICATIONS
#ARCHITECTUREGDIT CAREERSOpportunity OwnedWHAT GDIT CAN OFFER
YOU:401K with company matchCustomizable health benefits
packagesInternal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
careerChallenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
youFull-flex work weekNot sure this job's the one for you? Check
out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.GDIT CAREERSOpportunity
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:Less than 10%Telecommuting
Options:Work Location:USA VA RestonAdditional Work
Locations:COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination
mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and
safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements,
however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will
depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer
site requirements.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the
most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across
the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to
understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting
the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology
solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are
there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and
everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations,
strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other
Keywords: General Dynamics, Reston , TSS Solutions Manager (Hybrid/Onsite) Virginia, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!