Manager, ERAD Solutions
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of servers installed
in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling
infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative
services are delivered. Meta is at the leading edge of the global
data center industry both in terms of how data centers are designed
and operated. Meta is seeking a manager to join the Infrastructure
Data Centers team to support the ERAD team that designs, develops,
and deploys media sanitization and destruction solutions across the
fleet. This role will lead a team that creates and operationalizes
industry leading solutions to ensure data security at scale across
the data centers and edge infrastructure. Process improvement and
innovation (e.g. via process, software, and robotics) are at the
core of the continuous modernization and evolution of this
operation. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced
environment where adaptability, empathy, and experimentation will
be key to their success. This position is full-time.
Manager, ERAD Solutions Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a strong technical team of 5+ operations
program managers responsible scaling, improving, and expanding
operations for IT asset disposition services across the Meta
- Lead a product management oriented approach to the development
of long-term strategy, development of solutions (inclusive of
system, process, and hardware), and operationalize across the
- Maintain operations of global data eradication functions (e.g.
incident management, change management, new product introduction)
to support field operations at data centers and at the edge
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of strategy, goals, and
priorities of our stakeholders and partners. Act as a bridge to
align various Engineering and Data Center teams towards common
vision/goals through collaboration and influence.
- Work with peer organizations to develop solutions for cross
functional issues and support requirements associated with
innovation, process improvement, new product introduction,
non-standard products, data/analytics, tooling, operational
continuity, and construction/retrofits.
- Develop and manage to Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the
- Be a thought leader within the organization, someone who can
help advance strategy globally and challenge others in the
organization to change.
- Approximately 10-20% travel required.
- Develop lasting partnerships with customer teams, product
management, program management, engineering, software engineering
and other related groups to build and improve our ever-growing
large-scale distributed infrastructure and product
- Empower staff to develop their careers, matching their
strengths with projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term
skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Help build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised
of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Assess employee performance on an ongoing basis, address
under-performance, and recognize and promote performance.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team
including interviewing candidates, participating in
conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees.
- 10+ years overall industry experience including 4+ managing a
technical team operating and improving operations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Management Information Systems or related field.
- Track record of successfully implementing, managing, and
scaling infrastructure programs (data centers, capacity,
networking, hardware, software, or ITAD operations). Leveraging
data and partner feedback to inform decisions and design
- Experience working in environments that focus on the
- Successful track record in building strategies and solutions to
meet Customer needs.
- Organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship
building skills conducive to collaboration and experience working
in a cross-functional, matrix management environment consisting of
functions such as software engineering, hardware engineering,
infrastructure, production engineering and business operations
- Experience in the building, development, and management of a
- Experience to deal with high levels of ambiguity in performing
roles and delivering results.
- Experience in developing, implementing and/or running
operational process that are used to scale and support global
- Experience translating strategic initiatives into roadmaps,
defining tooling, processes, operations and driving execution.
- 3+ years of experience leading data center or technical
organizations where high availability is a requirement.
- Product management experience inclusive of user experience
- Data center, network, content distribution network, hardware
and/or server infrastructure experience.
- Process improvement experience (e.g. lean, six sigma).
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business value using
technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and
experience creating a solid understanding of operational
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and
"roll-up the sleeves" type of collaboration within a diverse,
global, cross-functional team.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Meta, Reston , Manager, ERAD Solutions, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!