PROGRAM MANAGER, K-12
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription/Job SummaryThe American Institute of
Aeronautics and Astronautics (www.aiaa.org) in Reston, VA seeks a
Manager to work with our K-12 Programs supported by the AIAA
Foundation. The focus of this position is to recommend, implement
and manage programs that help K-12 students and educators engage
and build relationships within AIAA and the broader aerospace
community.Reporting to the Director, Foundation, alongside the
Educational Program Coordinator, and with guidance provided by
volunteer leaders, the incumbent will provide strategic oversight
on K-12 programming, attend committee meetings, and provide
assessment and insight into best practices for K-12 students and
educators. The incumbent will provide both support,
knowledge-sharing and work with other staff to ensure proper
training and alignment to the Institute's mission and key
objectives, and measurable outcomes as articulated in the AIAA
Strategic Plan.AIAA has a Flexible Workplace, where staff work
primarily remote, but are required to attend meetings in the office
and collaborate in person as needed. Candidates must reside in the
Washington, DC metro area. Responsibilities/Duties
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the STEM K-12
Committee. Includes providing strategic input, perspective and
guidance to the chair and helping to identify and develop strategic
- Ensure coordination with the STEM K-12 Committee and the AIAA
Foundation Board of Trustees as appropriate with the AIAA Director,
- As indicated in MoUs, serve as primary point of contact in
executing partnerships. Enhance and grow opportunities where
- Trailblazing STEM Educator Awards, serve as program lead in
coordination of the submissions, judging, reporting and
notification processes for the Educator Award. Serve as project
manager for organizing local presentations where appropriate.
Ensure coordination with communication and marketing teams.
- Awards Gala: Serve as a member of the AIAA Gala team.
Coordinate all educator and student awardee travel and program
logistics while visting D.C.
- Students 2 Launch: manage relationship with Griffin
Communications. Serve as main point of contact with guidance from
- Develop a strategy to engage all AIAA members in the Club for
the Future's postcard program.
- Work closely with Membership and Marketing to review offerings,
identify new programs, and promote high school and educator
- Maintain metrics for existing partnerships and programs to
- Work with marketing team to ensure promotion and appropriate
recognition of programs and individuals via announcements,
presentations, and social media.
- Provide input and assist with the development of the Foundation
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify problems and to
take appropriate action within AIAA guidelines with minimal
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and
maintain excellent work quality.
- Excellent team player with proven ability to work
- Experience in using associate management software (preferably
Abila's Netforum Enterprise System).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point,
- Familiary with virtual software Zoom and Teams.
- Familiarity with awards platform, preferrably Open Water.
- Familiarity with community engagement software, preferably
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet high volume work
- Travel 5-7 times per year.Required ExperiencePosition requires
at least five to seven years of relevant work experience,
preferably in a member service organization. One to three years of
teaching at the elementary/middle school level, or in the education
industry is preferred.Preferred EducationBachelors' degree
preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and
experience.DetailsAbout AIAAAIAA's purpose is to ignite and
celebrate aerospace ingenuity and collaboration, and its importance
to our way of life. AIAA is the world's largest technical society
dedicated to the global aerospace profession. We are comprised of
individual and corporate members from around the world. AIAA
carries forth a proud tradition of more than 80 years of aerospace
leadership. Working at AIAAAIAA offers a strong compensation
package for this position, which includes base salary and a
discretionary bonus. Our benefits are highly competitive and
include medical, dental and vision insurance with dependent
coverage; 403(b) plan with an employer contribution and match;
generous paid leave and holiday schedule.
Keywords: AIAA, Reston , PROGRAM MANAGER, K-12, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!