Account Manager, Personal Lines Insurance (Hybrid)
Company: National Financial Partners Corp.
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Who We Are
We're NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business
Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also
recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top
Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and
Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty,
and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our
clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business
is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients
have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our
growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To
learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
The Account Manager II is responsible for working with
Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client
accounts. The position requires day to day client servicing for a
specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal,
electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager II
will manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare
materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration
with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a
significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role,
this person should be developing relationships with clients and
carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and
efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing
their own clients, may also continue to support the Account
Management Team as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and
client contacts; may take active role in meetings
* Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable
insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. First
draft of renewal presentation.
* Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source
documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive
or Advisor/Client Executive. Begins to communicate directly with
clients and carriers, with approval from the Account Executive or
* Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office
procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in
the agency management system.
* First line of answering billing questions from clients and
insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
* Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication
* Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
* Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and
function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
* Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and
* Customer focused to establish and maintain effective
* Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products,
specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
* Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
* Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem
* Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
* More than 3 years' client service and/or industry and product
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
* P&C Insurance License required.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays,
401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness
programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and
nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the
end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Keywords: National Financial Partners Corp., Reston , Account Manager, Personal Lines Insurance (Hybrid), Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!