Project Manager 1
Company: Thermo Systems LLC
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who We Are:Thermo Systems is a $100 million-dollar global,
full-service control systems integration partner, providing
world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life
Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation markets. From our
growing number of office locations, Thermo Systems designs and
deploys automation projects throughout North America and Europe.Job
Summary:Responsible for planning and overseeing a wide variety of
control system projects; from proposal generation through closeout.
Coordinates internal and external personnel to complete projects on
time and under budget. Undertakes multiple small to medium, or a
single large project, or assists with managing larger projects
under the direction of a more senior project manager. Works with
technical staff and seeks guidance from experienced project leads,
the company directors, and principals.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science; Engineering or other pertinent curriculum
combined with relevant technical experience.
- Typically, 8+ years total experience with at least 3+ years as
a project manager.
- Proven Track Record: 3+ year as previous level.Duties and
- Excellent field experience and understands the roles of
- Shows initiative by seeking out new responsibilities.
- Builds relationships with customers and contractors.
- Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and Office
- Demonstrate the ability to assist other project members during
system installation and commissioning.
- Possess and apply strong hands-on mechanical capabilities.
- Understands control system design and how it interfaces with
- Understands electrical and mechanical system design and how
decisions can impact process and safety.
- Practice procedures outlined in the company's Quality
Management System (QMS) daily.
- Demonstrate the ability to proof-read all project related
- Consistently champions safety policies in the office and the
- Has an open mind, especially with opposing viewpoints.
- Adapts to changing demands of the situation.
- Understands and enforces quality requirements on
subcontractors.Project Management Responsibilities:
- Communicate in an effective, positive, and proactive manner
with customers and trade partners.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and under
- Understand the scope of work assigned, identify when issues
arise that are beyond that scope, and effectively resolve those
with customer and team.
- Seeks opportunities for new work with customers and
- Understands and anticipates customer needs.
- Meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Accurately estimates the duration and difficulty of tasks.
- Anticipates possible issues that may arise during a project and
proactively plans solutions.
- Monitors project progress and adjusts as required.
- Provides accurate project forecasts and projections.
- Ensures the team adheres to a realistic schedule and
- Capable of creating scope of work for subcontractors and
overseeing execution of subcontractor contract.
- Participates in generation and administration of change
- Demonstrates an awareness of project contracts and
- Promotes a positive/collaborative team culture.Supervisory
- Where applicable, directs and oversees junior or subordinate
staff members regarding construction, operations, and/or
maintenance tasks and assignments at a project site.Required Skills
and Abilities:In addition to Project Manager I skills and
- Works independently with minimal guidance from senior staff
- Makes effective decisions based on data, intuition, experience,
- Balances the need to gather information with the need to make
- Anticipates and understands the needs, desires, and intentions
- Picks up on verbal and nonverbal cues from others.
- Manages emotions effectively.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify risks.Travel required:
- As required, expected to be 25-50%.On Call:
- Per project requirements.Work Authorization/Other Requirements:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the country where the position
is located is required.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required.
- Maintain a valid drivers license.
- Fit for Duty at all timesCulture:Model Thermo Systems core
values of employee success, customer success and financial strength
- Seeking new and additional business through project change
orders, additional services to existing customers, and referrals
for new customers/projects. Drive financial success.
- Be a good teammate, support your colleagues, promote a positive
atmosphere for those around you. Drive employee success.
- Go the extra mile for your customer, take ownership of their
needs, over communicate. Drive customer success.
- Foster an environment of integrity, trust, collaboration,
professionalism, serving one another, leading by example, and
assuming good intent each and every day.What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match,
and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees, and
we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare
packages, including low-cost options.
- Casual Dress: Every day is "Casual Friday"; we want you to be
comfortable when you come to work.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to
keep our staff sharp.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We encourage academic advancement and
- Vacation/Sick Time: We believe work-life balance is essential.
Ensuring our employees have time to truly relax and recharge is
important to us.
- Culture & Extras: We provide free lunches, regular team bonding
& fun office events, and plenty of company swag.Visit us at
www.thermosystems.com to learn more!Thermo Systems provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Keywords: Thermo Systems LLC, Reston , Project Manager 1, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!