Vice President, Business Development - Civil, Integrated Missions Operation
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Description Job Description:The Integrated Mission Operations
(IMO) organization delivers a full range of transformative
engineering, science, and technology solutions primarily in support
of Department of Energy, NASA and NOAA. Additionally, IMO supports
a variety of other Civil market customers to include NSF, NRC,
FERC, and US Army Corp by providing logistics, environmental
engineering and other mission critical support. As the VP for
Business Development and Strategy for IMO , you are expected to
thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the
management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across
multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. You will be expected
to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and
economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and
execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You
will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and
external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing with
the Operation.You will manage a team of business development
professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD
analysts, in achievement of the Operations short and long-term
business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation
maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes
cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial
objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos expertise into new
and evolving mission areas.Primary Responsibilities
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic
planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the
business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term
business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to
- May have other business development activities, such as
investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions,
divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint
ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to
determine if such activities are in line with the organization's
overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor
developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly
pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda
development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews,
black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and
proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operations pipeline, establishes BD priorities and
recommends the allocation of resources.
- Manage a business development team and responsible for creating
workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure
efficient use of resources. Ensure staff are focused on the
- Develops and implements the Operations strategy based on market
research and Civil Group direction.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and
teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition
strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.Basic
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of related
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline
management across multiple customer organizations and program
offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Knowledgeable and current regarding DOE/NASA senior leaders and
decision makers, as well as other senior executives and leaders
across the Department including personnel at Headquarters and at
various field sites (e.g. National Laboratories, Production Sites,
Testing Facilities, Environmental Clean-up Sites etc.).
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar new
business fund (NBF) budgets.
- Demonstrated experience and ability interacting and building
relationships with key customer organizations.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated experience
building internal and external industry partnerships.
- Travel as required, up to 30% per month.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with senior management, technical staff, division
managers, and peers.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to
present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship
management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.Preferred
- Deep understanding of the Federal Energy acquisition
methodologies including performance based clean-up, management and
operations and federally funded research and development centers
and how to best position Leidos as a services provider for
- Established relationships and experience winning new business
across DoE, NASA, NOAA
- Capture Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute
significant capture activities, including building industry teams,
assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to
shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with
new and existing customers
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5
billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree
preferredPay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 -
$350,000.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law. REQNUMBER: R-00089239-OTHLOC-6314All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Vice President, Business Development - Civil, Integrated Missions Operation, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!