Assistant Property Manager - Island Walk
Company: Enterprise Community Partners
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good
home possible for the millions of families without one. We support
community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and
invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of
government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982,
we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all
50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power
and belonging.Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.Working at
EnterpriseAt Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed
team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some
of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be
empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance
racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued
and supported in your growth journey.Enterprise offers career
opportunities in our offices across the country with anexceptional
benefits package.Job Description Summary:Ensures a safe and
attractive living environment for residents, exceptional quality
and service, sustained resident satisfaction, operational
efficiency, and strong financial results. Serves in the capacity of
the Property Manager in his/her absence.Job Responsibilities:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate theHEROESprinciples
ofHELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCEandSUCCESSin
all activities and interactions.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrates the STARS principles of
Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities
- Interacts routinely with residents; communicates effectively,
appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates,
management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are
addressed promptly and professionally.
- Implements sales and marketing activities both on and off site
to achieve occupancy goals; recommends strategies to adjust
activities as needed in response to market conditions, competitive
pressures, apartment turnovers, and other factors influencing
occupancy; maintains knowledge of competitive properties and market
trends and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Complies with Enterprise Residential's policies and procedures
and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding
of Enterprise Residential's operational and human resources
policies and procedures.
- Ensures strict compliance with the Fair Housing Act, shows and
leases apartments; qualifies prospective residents in compliance
with program requirements; manages lease renewal process.
- Collects rents, monitors and manages delinquencies and
collections, and maintains accurate records.
- Provides direction to the team in the absence of the Property
- Promotes resident services initiatives in conjunction with the
Resident Services Department; drives efforts at the community
level, engaging residents in social, educational, planned
activities and events.
- Prepares, monitors, and distributes reports on a variety of
operational and financial data.
- Assists in processing property expenses such as vendor
- Participates in and attends all required training
- Keeps Property Manager informed of any information that could
affect property operations.
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities:While
this role has no direct reports, the Assistant Property Manager may
act in a supervisory capacity, under the direction of the Property
Manager.When participating in supervisory responsibilities such as
recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training associates;
planning, assigning and directing the work of associates;
appraising performance, rewarding and counseling associates;
addressing complaints and resolving problems, s/he carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Enterprise
Residential policies and applicable laws.Qualifications:
- Minimum three years' experience in property management,
leasing, or a related field.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) & TCS (Tax Credit
Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a
nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience,
or ability and commitment to obtain certifications at the next
available course offering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating
strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to
manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates,
residents and external agencies.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and problem-solving skills to
resolve typical operational issues.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to
understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general
business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in
Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm
and energy. strong customer service orientation to older
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
Keywords: Enterprise Community Partners, Reston , Assistant Property Manager - Island Walk, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!