Team Lead, Construction Project Management
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management
firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80
countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the
world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve
their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also
have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and
corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our
purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world.
We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding
opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions
for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also
fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized
with awards for our success by organizations both globally and
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel
welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is
important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future.
And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're
interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the
We are currently seeking a Team Lead to join our Project and
Development Services team at our client based team in Reston
* Assumes a lead role in the development and execution of strategy
for a team.
* Contributes to the development of the business unit's overall
* Demonstrates high energy for the business, ability to energize
others, and the willingness to take risks and make tough
* Trains and develops JLL project team members in the skills and
understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices
expected for a successful project implementation.
* Ensures that Senior Director and/or Account Manager is fully and
accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues
affecting the perception of the local, national and global
reputation of the firm.
* Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
Ensure a One Team mentality by developing and maintaining
relationships with client and key stakeholders.
* Conveys acceptable practices and policies to team.
* Makes appropriate judgments related to operating procedures
impacting assigned projects.
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential
liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions,
etc.) to Service Line Lead.
* Contribute to a diverse, supportive, and talented team.
* Demonstrate the ability to create a solutions-oriented
environment focused on delivering value to the client.
* Look for opportunities to streamline processes and import Best
* Apply technology to drive change and provide data accuracy for
* Directly responsible for attracting, retaining, developing and
managing a team of people who are involved with project
implementation and execution through completion of construction.
This includes a wide variety of projects for renovation, new
construction and decommissioning from initiate to closeout.
Projects include base building, industrial, manufacturing, tenant
improvement, secure spaces compliant with ICD 705, and non-secure
* Recommends and/or takes actions regarding team talent (with
involvement of Human Resources) to SVP/Managing Director or
* Oversight and analysis of the financial management of the teams'
projects: establishing & managing project budgets (including hard
and soft costs), maintaining monthly forecasts and cash flow
analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any other reports as
required by the client.
* Interface with architects, client staff, property managers and
vendors as needed to facilitate problem solving, evaluate risks and
assist the team with mitigation plans.
* Performance management of all contracted vendors, consultants,
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS
technology as required.
* Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance
with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client
* Review data and analysis information to act decisively, think
big, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume
* Face-to-face, regular interpersonal interaction as well as remote
meetings are usually required in order to perform the job.
* Develop and monitor construction budgets and create cost saving
opportunities for the client.
* Ensure project delivery complies with Health, Safety and
* Collaborate across all JLL platforms including transaction
managers, facilities managers, building engineers, occupancy
planners, low voltage managers, and move managers, among
* Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members
in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and
practices expected for a successful project implementation.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all Client
and/or JLL PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
* Comply with all Jones Lang LaSalle policies and procedures,
including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
* Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or
Construction Management is preferred.
* 15+ years project management experience in all aspects of Design,
Construction and Project Management.
* Experience in secure facility construction is a plus.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* LEED, AIA, PE, PMP certification, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
* Previous experience effectively supervising, training, mentoring
and evaluating several project managers at various levels within
the organization or team.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and
* Proven record of leadership and providing excellent internal and
external customer service.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with
executive level clients.
* Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage
* Ability to regularly communicate analyzed data to client and team
to achieve project goals.
* Has a solid understanding of construction methods, understands
timeframes for implementation and how it affects pricing.
* A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting,
budgeting, scheduling and process as they relate to corporate real
* Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver
superior results in client service.
* Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our
industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support
to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our
underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and
provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs
and resources to lower their health costs and increase their
personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
* 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
* Medical, Dental & Vision Care
* 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
* Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
* Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
* Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we
invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you
achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions,
investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment
process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're
fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully
vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a
two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks
after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).
Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process - including the online application and/or
overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation
Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please
direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us
page > I want to work for JLL.
Keywords: JLL, Reston , Team Lead, Construction Project Management, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!