Sr Business Development Manager - C4ISR Undersea Warfare
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Description Job Description:The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the
Defense Group is seeking an experienced Senior Business Development
Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the US Navy
with an emphasis on Undersea Warfare (USW).The BD Manager will
drive the organization's strategic growth objectives by developing
and refining an understanding of customers' most important needs
and creating/leading winning capture strategies. The BD Manager
will lead efforts for identification, qualification, and capture of
specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified
pipeline growth to support the organization's forecast and plan.In
addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and
marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market
penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.The ideal
candidate will have experience with the US Navy and USW.Primary
- Demonstrated success in growing US Navy Business, especially in
- Grow and qualify an opportunity pipeline of pursuits that
support future growth.
- Perform to annual revenue generation, pipeline, submit, and
- Work in a team environment with senior executives, strategic
account executives, program staff and capture managers to develop
successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and
- Develop, track, and execute Business Development/Capture tasks
from lead generation to capture stages of the business development
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to
potential targeted pursuits and develop marketing strategies that
maximize the value of that intelligence.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships, and
assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across
a diverse business portfolio.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy and marketing
plans for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the
Leidos enterprise to support opportunities.
- Support operation marketing efforts by developing collateral,
white papers and by working with Solution Architects to properly
develop and market technical capabilities.
- Lead and actively participate in tradeshows, industry events
and general customer outreach efforts.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business/marketing,
engineering, or computer science) and 12+ years of related
experience or master's degree with 10+ years of experience.
Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership experience working in aerospace & defense,
organizing, and executing all aspects of business development and
capture, planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience executing significant business
development activities, including building industry teams, customer
call plans to shape acquisitions and pipeline management in order
to win business with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing US Navy USW
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer
relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders
with DOD Customer.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business
aligned with the company's growth strategy.
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends
and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor
behaviors in the market.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience
presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to
support customer visits and strategy workshops; estimated up to 50%
travel annually as required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.Preferred
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) level III
or Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Understanding of ASW warfighting concepts, sensors, platforms,
- Understanding of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and
Execution (PPBE) process
- Experience with operational test and evaluation
- Completed professional training in Business Development
Management.Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 -
$245,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Reston , Sr Business Development Manager - C4ISR Undersea Warfare, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!