Chief Operating Officer
Company: DECA, Inc.
Posted on: October 10, 2018
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Now in its 72nd year, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals. DECA's programs and activities have constantly evolved as we apply cutting edge educational research, while our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission.
DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student association with more than 230,000 members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state, district and international departments of education authorize DECA's programs.
About the opportunity:
DECA is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead the internal operations of the organization. The COO will serve as an equal member of the senior leadership team and will oversee key functional areas including human resources, training, accounting, IT, and building management. The COO will require strong project management abilities to ensure the organization achieves stated goals. The COO will also identify, select, and manage outside vendors to help accomplish organizational objectives. This is a new position, created by the recently appointed Executive Director, designed to provide the opportunity for a talented operations professional to help define success for this position and develop strategies to achieve that success.
- Oversee organizational operations while helping to build a high-functioning, inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Implement project management solutions to ensure completion of goals.
- Manage the HR function of the organization, which includes effective recruitment, employee onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Oversee data management team responsible for the accurate and timely capture of participant data.
- Oversee the accounting team responsible for organizational bookkeeping and financial reporting.
- Adhere to federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Effectively manage the physical infrastructure of the organization, making recommendations on capital expenditures and investments.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Keywords: DECA, Inc., Reston , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!