Company: Distributive Education Clubs of America, Inc.
Posted on: November 9, 2018
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Now in its 72nd year, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals. DECA's programs and activities have constantly evolved as we apply cutting edge educational research, while our core focus has remained consistent and is captured in our mission.
DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization with more than 230,000 members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Spain. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state, district and international departments of education authorize DECA's programs.
About the opportunity:
DECA is looking for a talented and passionate Education Manager to help shape the development of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs. Reporting to the Chief Education Officer, the role will involve contributing to the design and delivery of engaging and industry-specific learning opportunities experienced by over 200,000 students per year. The Education Manager will manage DECA's extensive conference, competitive events, and professional development portfolio, as well as producing innovative learning materials and resources for DECA members and advisors.
- Contribute to the organization's learning experiences in a way that aligns with DECA's strategic priorities
- Assist in the creation and implementation of innovative methodologies to improve DECA's education services
- Plan, organize, and supervise activities that ensure delivery of organizational-wide goals, project deliverables, and engaging learning experiences for DECA members
- Manage DECA's portfolio of educational conferences, competitive events, and professional development opportunities
- Provide educational support and direction to DECA staff and members in a professional and friendly manner
- Establish value for students, teachers, and industry partners by reviewing survey and evaluation data, stakeholder feedback, and emerging trends in education and technology
- Prepare materials for conference guides, member magazines, weekly updates, and CEU certificates.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and prepare results for presentation, analysis, and continuous improvement of future events and member experience.
- Represent DECA at education and professional development events
Keywords: Distributive Education Clubs of America, Inc., Reston , Education Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!