Transition Project Manager (Telco/IT/ITIL v3)
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Apcela is a leader in providing the world's fastest platform for delivering applications to enterprise users running Hybrid IT environments. Our growth has landed us on the Inc. 500, Deloitte Fast Tech 500, and Red Herring Global Growth lists. We are scaling rapidly having just completed a significant transformation over the past two years, evolving to mainstream enterprise IT, delivering application performance management on a global scale operating globally in 185 markets and 41 countries across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. We are seeking a driven leader to run and manage all transition management and service delivery activities for Apcela, including the securing of network, technology, software, infrastructure, professional services, and other related purchases in a cost-effective and time-sensitive manner, required to support long-term business objectives.
The Transition Manager (Telco, IT, ITILv3) is a key member of the Apcela Operations Team directly supporting Apcela's operations, product, and engineering teams. The successful candidate will liaise between customers, business owners, design teams, operations teams, partners / suppliers communicating between all key stakeholders including Network and IT Operations to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new services, executed to high quality standards.
The ideal candidate will ensure Service Management procedures are established and documented that align with ITILv3 best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of the service post launch to promote continual improvement.
As the Transition Manager, you will liaise with internal technical subject matter experts and business owners of key platforms and processes and will ensure end-to-end Service Assurance requirements are met. This role will report directly to the VP of Operations and will work with all levels of the company with direct accountability for the quality of delivery and successful transfer to operations for new and changed services in line with ITIL best practice. Success in this role requires strong competencies in project and program management, scheduling, coordination, and stakeholder management, requirements gathering, customer engagement.
Location: Herndon, VA (MUST be local- this role is not remote at the time)
SCOPE of ROLE:
Program and Project Management
- Establish a Project Support Function to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests.
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Customers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the SRP.
- Identify and manage Operations risks ensuring a successful transition to service.
- Provide Governance of the SRP and Sign Off for all key project stages and artifacts.
Service Delivery Leadership
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and BSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective Transfer to Operations in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Ensure effective decommissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Define and deliver the end to end support with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organizations
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
- Bachelor's degree (Technical/Science preferable) or equivalent Telecommunications / IT industry experience.
- Previous Service Transition experience - IT Services and ideally Core network services
- Service design experience ideally - Defining Ops requirements
- Network Operational environment experience; Mobile/telco background
- ITIL Qualification (Intermediate certificate desirable) Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Reston , Transition Project Manager (Telco/IT/ITIL v3), Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!