Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Reston, VA
Company: Reston Hospital Center
Posted on: June 14, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER
RESTON, VA 23225
SIZE OF HOSPITAL: 199-beds
Conveniently located in the vibrant heart of town at the Reston
Town Center, our expanding, full-service 223-bed acute care medical
and surgical hospital serves residents in the growing Northern
Virginia region that incorporates western Fairfax and eastern
Loudoun counties. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center
enhances the health and quality of life across our region.
First opening our doors on November 10, 1986, Reston has been
integral in the care of northern Virginians ever since with a
quality of care philosophy to strive for clinical excellence and
make patient safety our top priority. In 2001, we began a major
expansion project that added the West Wing, a five-story facility
featuring 60 additional licensed beds for The Family Center;
critical care, progressive care, medical/oncology and surgical
units; an endoscopy suite; expanded emergency and radiology
departments; enlarged ancillary areas for medical records and
dietary services; the Parkway Medical Tower housing an
ambulatory/outpatient surgery center and medical offices and a
parking garage with more than 1,000 new spaces. Reston is dedicated
to providing the latest medical advancements and modernized care
facilities to the continually growing population of Northern
The Facility CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER leads clinical and quality
initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical
performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates
the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement
opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection
control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing
functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all
stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues
* Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians
and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
* Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals
of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across
the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled
* Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive
Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the
functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff
* Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital
management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals.
Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying
management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and
maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA
leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
* Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost
effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing
of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable
cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical
* Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is
data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources
and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and
* Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and
facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
* Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and
develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical
Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing
oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
* Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to
facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management,
appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues,
and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief
of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
* Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing
feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between
these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as
to the affiliated physicians.
* Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated
physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and
facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
* Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and
corporate Chief Medical Officers.
* Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
* Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO),
* Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
* 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
* Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital
or regional health system, Required
* Additional education and coursework in management and business,
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING:
* Board Certified Physician, Required
* State medical board licensed, Required
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Reston Hospital Center, Reston , Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Reston, VA, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!