People Team Manager
Company: MetroStar Systems
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Our People Operations team creates and fosters a positive and
productive employee experience. We own the small things - like
having the right coffee - and the big things - like having career
ladders to enable individual and team growth. We make sure everyone
at MetroStar Systems feels supported, positively challenged, and
able to grow.
We are looking for a People Team Manager who will report to the VP
of People and Culture and partner on the initiatives that make
MetroStar a great place to work. Success in this role requires a
high degree of organization, strong communication skills, creative
thinking, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You're a great fit if:
- You are curious, entrepreneurial, adaptable, highly organized,
and humble - a stellar communicator, and customer service
- You continuously identify and support opportunities for process
improvement and scalability across the company.
You'll love our company if: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be
- You have 5-7 years of experience with compensation and benefit
administration, employee relations, performance management and
labor law compliance.
- You know how to use and configure HR information systems and
benefit administrative systems to best fulfill the needs of the
- You understand the fundamentals of government contracting and
the additional labor laws and compliance that the People Operations
department is responsible for abiding by.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and an active PHR or SHRM-CP
We'll REALLY love you if: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you
- You have experience with BambooHR, ADP or Jobvite.
- You have knowledge of OFCCP compliance.
- You have a background in benefits administration.
- You have an active SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification.
What your day will look like:
- You will build and strengthen the delivery and execution of
People Operations programs, operations, and services that enhance
our employee experience.
- You will monitor the "pulse" of overall culture and employee
engagement and work with managers to increase retention and address
- You will ensure adherence to all People Operations policies,
and any employment-related legal, regulatory, and compliance
- You will leverage data to provide insight and analysis to
people trends internal and external.
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government
security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US
Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of MetroStar Systems.
Keywords: MetroStar Systems, Reston , People Team Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!