Company: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC
Posted on: October 13, 2019
The Director of IT is accountable for providing the overall vision,
strategy, leadership, implementation and operation for all IT
initiatives across the organization. The Director of IT oversees
the IT organization's strategic and tactical planning,
organizational management, contractor and IT vendor relationships,
financial management and will lead day-to-day IT operations.
Additionally, will manage relationships with Parent and subsidiary
companies developing and ensuring best practices across the network
and facilitating collaboration across the affiliated entities.
Responsibilities include influencing and directing the Company's IT
infrastructure and applications evolution to ensure key business
strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change,
growth and flexibility. The Director must ensure our IT
infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and
strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice in
creating value for the company and our customers.
* Lead, develop and implement IT initiatives (ERP Optimization,
Data Strategy, etc.) that enable the Company to compete more
vigorously and more profitably in a constantly changing and
* Translates the company vision into IT systems and procedures,
articulating this critical link to the company stakeholders
including the Executive Team, IT staff and employees.
* Ensure the organizational structure is appropriate for supporting
current and future business needs.
* Provide leadership in planning and managing network operations,
production support, systems & network admin.
* Be viewed as a critical voice among the Sr. Management Team,
driving cross-functional collaboration through the IT team.
* Participate actively with the Sr. Management Team to ensure our
systems environment addresses the needs of the business.
* Liaise with the executive team and department leaders within the
company to establish project priorities, gather requirements,
define standards and process and provide overall subject-matter
expertise on all operational technology
* Partner with the FSO and legal team to ensure compliance with
* Act as the liaison with the parent and affiliated companies' IT
organizations when necessary in order to share and align business
practices and ensure systems and data integration is fluent
* Lead and coordinate development of our infrastructure to ensure
key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that
enable growth and flexibility.
* Develop plans and budgets for IT department and for approved IT
projects and investments.
* Oversee analysis and evaluation of staffing requirements to
fulfill business requirements including directing the evaluation of
make vs. buy decisions as they relate to outsourcing vs. in-house
provisioning and identifying and developing strategic partnerships
with key IT suppliers, licenses and contracts, vendors and
* Translate business needs into system solutions making maximum use
of available tools while ensuring longer term supportability of the
* Support and manage the technical investments associated with the
new HQ facility.
* Oversees the infrastructure, policies and procedures of the
server and network infrastructure
EFFICIENCY & EFFECTIVENESS
* Oversees management of an IT managed services provider that
delivers service desk, systems/network management, NOC services,
information security, and other services within their portfolio
* Work in concert with external technology partners to ensure IT
resources available to the company are optimized to manage the
execution of major IT projects
* Through internal staff, support ERP and other business systems to
ensure availability and service requests are met
* Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support
business and operation needs.
* Develop IT policies and procedures on a basis for ensuring
consistency in standards and leveraging of common systems.
* Establish and measure IT performance relative to cost, value
creation and customer satisfaction in the key areas of operating
systems, telecommunications, network management and desktop
* Lead and coordinate selection, installation, operation, support,
and maintenance of our information technology infrastructure (i.e.
operating systems, networks, telecommunications, hardware, and
* Optimize our return on our IT investment by acquiring
cost-justified IT components, as measured by performance, support
availability, price, upgradeability, and future industry
* Protect the company and its operations against IT risks,
including unauthorized access to information, data integrity
problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service
* Set office automation standards within the company and oversee
acquisition, deployment, and support of office support systems.
* Ensure the IT infrastructure is successfully exploited to achieve
continuous improvement and competitive advantage by identifying
needs and, developing and providing appropriate training and
support for all users.
* Cooperate with operating units in conceptualizing, developing,
and launching technology-based products and services.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent
* 7+ years of IT Management experience with IT service / product
* 10+ years of total IT experience including computer operations
management, multiple roles in systems implementation, supervision
of technical personnel, architecture, security/compliance,
business-wide strategic planning and budgetary responsibility
* Change Management experience; leading change in a complex,
collaborative organization, including oversight of strategic
planning, consensus-building, organizational leadership, and
* NetSuite ERP and Salesforce experience a plus
* Must be a US Citizen
* Self-starter attitude - someone who can initiate / drive projects
to completion with minimal guidance
* Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects
with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive
* Profit and loss (P&L) orientation
* Verifiable track record of effective leadership which includes
strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical
and intellectual resources
* Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside
and outside the organization
* Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
* Self-motivated, team player, excellent communicator, attentive
listener and compelling explainer
HOW THIS POSITION WILL BE MEASURED
* Individual performance to job description
* Leadership abilities and qualities
* Fiscal responsibility to company and projects
* Service Excellence/internal customers
* Goal attainment as set forward by manager
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for
employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or
conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant
from consideration from employment.
Keywords: Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC, Reston , IT Manager, Executive , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!