Sr. Medical Science Liaison - Government Affairs
Company: JUUL Labs
Posted on: May 21, 2019
JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the world's one billion
adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL
is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San
Francisco and backed by leading technology investors including
Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is
disrupting one of the world's largest and oldest industries.
We're an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology,
healthcare, CPG and biotech, and we're growing rapidly to deliver
on our mission. We're actively looking to hire the world's best
scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain
experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The MSL is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective,
scientific information and education to health care professionals
(HCPs), key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed care key decision
makers (KDMs), and to internal business partners as required. The
Senior Medical Science Liaison is responsible for identifying,
building, and managing relationships with KOLs, HCPs, and other
external stakeholders for their designated therapeutic area(s) as
relevant and directed based on the individual team. For this role,
you will be supporting our government affairs team, meeting with
local and national governmental stakeholders, managed care
organizations (MCOs), specialty pharmacy providers (SPPs),
pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery
networks (IDNs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), employers
and employee health benefits consultants (EHBCs). You will hold
scientific discussions with local health departments, key policy
makers, and governmental KOLs. As part of your discussions, your
responsibilities will include summarizing and presenting
complicated scientific information in a concise and accurate
manner. Excellent communication skills needed
- Help shape a paradigm that explores potential for alternatives
to cigarette smoking (over the full risk continuum of nicotine
replacement) through scientific exchange with KOLs
- Demonstrate fundamental therapeutic area and product knowledge
to effectively contribute and support JUUL's Medical Affairs
strategies and objectives.
- Appropriately engage in scientific exchange about JUUL's
products and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and
- Cultivate, maintain, and leverage mutually productive
relationships and partnerships in the areas of medical education
and clinical/scientific research with local, regional, and national
KOLs, using scientific plans.
- Identify and manage relationships with KOLs as advisors,
investigators, and/or speakers for JUUL activities in accordance
with company policies and relevant law.
- Deliver high-impact clinical presentations to diverse
audiences, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PA's,
dietitians, social workers, health department personnel, policy
makers, and other key external customers including governmental
- Build, update, and maintain KOL database in a timely
- Leverage insights to support Medical Affairs activities,
including advisory board meetings, medical congresses, and other
activities as assigned.
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and symposia.
- Appropriately respond to unsolicited scientific and medical
- Provide scientific support, internally and externally.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in specific
- Understand and support Clinical Research, including IIS
projects, as appropriate.
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams:
Business Planning, Patient Advocacy, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal,
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical
education strategies and initiatives, publication planning,
development of medical education material, internal training,
- Perform and complete administrative responsibilities and
internal projects timely, activity reports, KOL contact
documentation, expense reports, etc.
- Provide specific and time sensitive feedback to core team on
program successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Achieve all metrics as assigned
- Fully comply with all laws, regulations and JUUL Labs Policies,
Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state
and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Work related travel expected to be up to 70%. Travel will
include overnights and may involve weekends.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION: Doctorate in science (Ph.D.), Medicine (MD/DO), Pharmacy
(Pharm.D.) Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA)
- 5+ years clinical experience post degree preferably in the
relevant specialty for which you are applying
- 5+ years relevant related MSL experience
- Must be self-motivated in working independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Effective and strong interpersonal skills combined with the
ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and the
ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in
sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work
effectively in a constantly changing environment and/or tight
- Adept at developing relationships and building networks with
KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs.
- Works effectively in a team by maintaining a proactive and
collaborative approach in managing situations involving both
internal and external customers.
- Exercises strong personal integrity to make sound and
- possess the ability to anticipate problems and come up with
appropriate solutions in an organizational and analytical
- Working knowledge of Medical Affairs and knowledge of industry
practice and regulations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office technologies.
- Individual must be able to handle multiple projects with tight
- Individual must be able to handle frequent overnight travel
(domestic travel required at least approximately 70% of the
- Candidates holding current Licensure must be in good standing
and not currently or previously been debarred or excluded from a
federal or state health program
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We'll help you set big goals - and
- Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder
in our success
- Cell phone and internet subsidy, transportation benefits and
discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Keywords: JUUL Labs, Reston , Sr. Medical Science Liaison - Government Affairs, Government & Protective Services , Washington, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!