Medical Technologist MT
Company: Reston Hospital Center
Posted on: February 20, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Technologist
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with
Reston Hospital Center today and find out what it truly means to be
a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Reston Hospital Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We
offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible
employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits
to include :
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our
Our Medical Technologists (MT) perform assigned laboratory tests in
specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry,
Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By
conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to
provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic,
immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical
tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting
away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document
corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged
and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees
- You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession
responsibilities. Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C,
Reston Hospital Center , a 231-bed acute facility, lies within the
vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of
restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA
facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work.
HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S,
where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! HCA
Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Reston Hospital Center Awards and Distinctions
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Primary Stroke Center with Gold Seal of Approval
- Total Joint Replacement Center for Hip and Knee Replacement
with Gold Seal of Approval
- MBSAQIP accreditation for our bariatric surgery program
- Level III NICU with neonatology experts from Children's
National Health System
- Northern Virginia's most comprehensive robotic surgery program
featuring the daVinci -- Xi and Si, Mazor X Stealth Edition---,
Mako Robotic Arm---, Bright Matter--- and Modus V---
- One of only nine Visiting Clinician Program (VCP) in the United
States where surgeons from around the world come to train on the
latest technology Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory
Sciences or related field.
- MT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MT registry
within 6 months of eligibility or hire.
- ASCP or equivalent is preferred. HOURS
- Minimum of 2 shifts every four-week schedule period; may
require weekends and holidays Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our
Medical Technologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help
us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Reston Hospital Center, Reston , Medical Technologist MT, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!