Occupational Safety Health Analyst
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Description Job Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world---s most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world
safer, healthier and more efficient.The NISC IV program at Leidos
is looking for an Occupational Safety Health Analyst!100%
Remote/Telework. Anywhere in Oakland, CA area; OR in Fremont, CA
and/or Sacramento/Rancho Cordova, CA; OR within the Western Service
Area (i.e. California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon,
Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) locations.The selected candidate
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions
comply with applicable federal and state Occupational Safety and
Health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that
all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.Primary
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA)
Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and
assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers
(SECMs) in providing EOSH support to Airway Facilities (AF)
personnel for the Oakland (OAK) District Office.
- The candidate will support the customer---s Asbestos, Lead,
Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall
Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality
(IAQ), and Pandemic programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related
to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints,
as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager
(SECM).** Prefer candidate to be in Oakland, CA area; OR in
Fremont, CA and/or Sacramento/Rancho Cordova, CA; OR within the
Western Service Area locations.** Please Note:-- If the candidate
lives anywhere in the Western Service Area (i.e. California,
Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and
Wyoming) locations, this will be a 100% Remote/Telework
- Must have experience in one of the following areas:--
Industrial Hygienist (IH) OR Occupational Safety and Health
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25%
--- 50% supporting the Oakland District.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security
- Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a
related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education
will be accepted in lieu of degree, with 4+ years of professional
experience; OR 2+ years of professional experience with a related
Masters degree.Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) OR Associated Safety
Professional is highly desired.
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus:-- Asbestos
Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos
Contractor/Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified
Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor; and Hazardous
Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in
Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to meet all requirements necessary to climb structures and
oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space assessment experience, program administration
experience; Forklift Operator, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift
Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor Experience, are desired.
- Should have highly developed presentation skills, comfortable
conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team
player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and
proficient using MS Office software, are desired.Leidos is
growing!-- Connect with us on--LinkedIn--and--Facebook.We value and
support the well-being and mobility of our employees with
competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training,
work-life flexibility, an exciting--External Referral Program,--and
a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020,
Leidos was ranked as one of the ---World's Most Ethical
Companies-----by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive
year.Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 -
Keywords: Leidos, Reston , Occupational Safety Health Analyst, Healthcare , Reston, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!